Pamac-QT - a new QT5-UI for libalpm

pamac
qt5

Take your time. There is no rush for it. It would be good to push the current state so others may also take a look and may add content as needed. Excellent work so far.

Thank you ever so much for all your work on this project.

I hope that things turn around for you on the home front. If karma is truly a thing, I’m sure that things will start looking up any day now.

Best wishes.

Nice work. Congratulations.

Manjaro KDE: Octopi or Pamac?

octopi have how to choose the dependencies individually to be installed, can you do this in pamac?

I hope you mean optional dependencies. And yes, you can in Pamac.

[details=“In file included from AlpmDB.cpp:1:”]
AlpmDB.h: In member function ‘QVariant AlpmDB::getPkgDetails(const QString&, const QString&)’:
AlpmDB.h:19:85: error: too few arguments to function ‘PamacPackageDetails* pamac_database_get_pkg_details(PamacDatabase*, const gchar*, const gchar*, gboolean)’
                pamac_database_get_pkg_details(db,pkgname.toUtf8(),app_name.toUtf8());
                                                                                    ^
In file included from moc_AlpmDB.cpp:9:
AlpmDB.h: In member function ‘QVariant AlpmDB::getPkgDetails(const QString&, const QString&)’:
AlpmDB.h:19:85: error: too few arguments to function ‘PamacPackageDetails* pamac_database_get_pkg_details(PamacDatabase*, const gchar*, const gchar*, gboolean)’
                                                                                    ^
In file included from AlpmDB.h:3,
                from AlpmDB.cpp:1:
/usr/include/pamac.h:417:22: note: declared here
PamacPackageDetails* pamac_database_get_pkg_details (PamacDatabase* self,
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from AlpmDB.h:3,
                from moc_AlpmDB.cpp:9:
In file included from main.cpp:6:
./AlpmDB.h: In member function ‘QVariant AlpmDB::getPkgDetails(const QString&, const QString&)’:
./AlpmDB.h:19:85: error: too few arguments to function ‘PamacPackageDetails* pamac_database_get_pkg_details(PamacDatabase*, const gchar*, const gchar*, gboolean)’
                                                                                    ^
In file included from main.cpp:1:
main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
main.cpp:34:18: warning: unused variable ‘ctxt’ [-Wunused-variable]
    QQmlContext *ctxt = engine.rootContext();
                 ^~~~
make: *** [Makefile:1077: AlpmDB.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make: *** [Makefile:1092: moc_AlpmDB.o] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:1067: main.o] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

[/details]Aborting…

Pamac API had changed since last time the preview was coded.

What should I do?

As it is said by the compiler, this function now needs one more argument, a gboolean. It’s has to be true if you want to force using the pkg in the sync db (like an upgrade details) else it will prefer using the installed pkg to give details. Use false if you don’t know what you want.

Ok. Thanx. I’d rather be waiting until pacman-qt becomes more stable.

I’ll push the updated version soon. Need to fix some memory leaks.

Thx @LordTermor. Take all the time you may need.

Done. If there are any questions regarding the changes, I would be glad to answer those.
I’m also very sorry about pushing everything as a one monolithic commit. There were some troubles with my setup.

@LordTermor when your QT version is released, your status will be officially elevated to a God (so start looking for a suitable avatar replacement now).

We need to make it usable first.

I just realized that you uploaded my screenshots to the Manjaro’s official twitter profile. I’m very grateful to you.

No, it is on our end. Manjaro is a platform for users and developers. You’re an expert in getting the code created. I’m mostly mentoring and looking for new developers supporting Manjaro as long as they have fun doing so. As project lead you have to have a vision and knowledge about the scene to get things together and done. I’ll update your current preview on our packages end to get some feedback.

Don’t worry on how you push your code. Some do small junks, others do it more monolithic. It really doesn’t matter. As long as it works in the end and you may find the regression in your code it is fine.

Out of context, but this is a catchy phrase, maybe good for the new website.

Actually I’d love to contribute to manjaro in this way. Have some C# background (please don’t ban my account now :laughing:). Currently having a look at getting a grip with vala. Until having learned and feeling comfortable, i can only support with a mirror and donations though. :wink:

@moson: just give it a try. We don’t bite. Also thx for your current support. Highly appreciated.