Pamac-QT - a new QT5-UI for libalpm

pamac
qt5

I’m sorry. I was too busy to work on this project last two weeks so I didn’t implemented much. I’ll share what I have done shortly.

Sure, no pressure. Sharing the code might help the project when able to review your work.

Here it is: https://gitlab.com/LordTermor/pamac-qt-draft
But it’s really just a draft. There is some unnecessary code in it, no structure etc.

Is your project public ? I can’t view it.

Fixed.
Forgot to click “Save changes” button :grinning:

I’ve created a PKGBUILD. However, it seems some files are still missing to be installed properly. @LordTermor: which files do we need to be installed where? Also I assume Breeze theme is currently fixed in this preview …

# Maintainer: Artyom Grinyov (LordTermor)

pkgbase=pamac-qt
pkgname=('pamac-qt')
_pkgver=0.1
pkgver=0.1
pkgrel=1
_commit=2fd25c1044a2d9a6719b8f9b2b94c60932edfd77
pkgdesc="A QT5 frontend for libalpm"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="https://gitlab.manjaro.org/applications/pamac-qt"
license=('GPL3')
depends=('pamac' 'qt5-base' 'qt5-quickcontrols2')
makedepends=('git')
options=(!emptydirs)

source=(#"pamac-$pkgver-$pkgrel.tar.gz::$url/-/archive/v$_pkgver/$pkgname-v$_pkgver.tar.gz")
        "pamac-$pkgver-$pkgrel.tar.gz::$url/-/archive/$_commit/$pkgname-$_commit.tar.gz")
sha256sums=('a12628f5e4672aa9535e8c01d4005948da4429ac6c66cb417c04f3e8d68f2e17')

build() {
  cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$_commit"
  qmake-qt5 -makefile Pamac-Qt.pro
  make -j $jc
}

package_pamac-qt() {
  cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$_commit"
  make INSTALL_ROOT=${pkgdir} install
  mkdir -p ${pkgdir}/usr/bin
  mv ${pkgdir}/opt/Pamac-Qt/bin/Pamac-Qt ${pkgdir}/usr/bin/pamac-qt
  chmod a+x ${pkgdir}/usr/bin/pamac-qt
}
# vim:set ts=2 sw=2 et:

:+1:

the only note : in AlpmPackagesModel.cpp Ko…Mo its 1000 ; 1024 is (before 2000) “old” format Kio…Mio . pamac use 1000

Feel free to modify it on our gitlab. I granted you the needed developer rights.

At this point shouldn’t the description read “A Qt5 frontend for libpamac”?

What will happen to the GTK3 Pamac if QT5 Pamac exists? Will it get dropped or still maintained?

What files are missing? This PKGBUILD works for me fine.
I have not figured out how to set the QML style. Looks like we can use qqc2-desktop-style from the KDE but it depends on their Kirigami framework and I don’t know if we technically can make use of it without using the Kirigami in the pamac-qt.

If you read the topic, it is clear that this is targeted for the kde users and other qt based DE’s, gtk3+ version will remain intact.

From reading the threads I was under the impression the idea was to ship the qt version with qt-based environments and the gtk version with the gtk-based environments.

EDIT: I was 5 seconds too slow. :smile:

Excuse me if I’m incorrect on this, but for Lxqt users the KDE dependencies should not be excessive or it will bloat what needs to be a light OS for old hardware. KDE is my main environment, but I think Lxqt users should also be considered when creating the Qt version. Just my opinion.

Right now there is nothing KDE-specific in the code.

Will you give an access to me?

BTW: It looks like Qt has this feature built-in since 5.10 so this function can be dropped.

I didn’t say it had kde dependencies, but yeah your correction is actually true, hell if you don’t want to use the gtk3+ version i think you should be able to do it i any DE.

Sure, simply register to the gitlab version and I grant you the needed access.

Already done. Do I need to do something else?

I’m still working on it from time to time (although I don’t have free time at all right now and I have some serious life troubles sadly)