Pamac Qt 0.2 Beta

Ah, this is why it's different. I could't put my fingers on it, but the pacman output is just superior. On pamac, meh, it can be and it's not that important, but I miss pamac output.

I guess others answered already that pamac-qt is not Octopi, but I guess I was trying to mimic what I do today in Octopi. It never occurred to me to expand details

I admit this is not the most popular use case but I have a libalpm hook which triggers after initrd rebuilding and its command requires user input.

1 Like

Could somebody replicate a problem?

Fresh install of the testing ISO, enabled AUR, but silent failure installing google-chrome.

Also could not perform today's update via pamac-qt, but was successful with:
$ sudo pacman -Syyu

Hey. It's been a long time. My education year is over and I have one free week before the exams to work on Pamac.

Does anyone else has problems with opening package description and updates page?

4 Likes

I do. When I right-click a package and choose "Details" pamac-qt crashes. When I want to apply updatem pamac-qt crashes. Basically it's useless at this point. It wasn't behaving that way before so I assume some updates introduced problems.

It was also crashing in kde-dev-minimal iso.

I'm currently using repo version: pamac-qt 0.2.0-1, testing repo.

Output when I try to update:

qrc:/src/qml/MainWindow.qml:315:9: QML Page: ScrollBar must be attached to a Flickable or ScrollView
Action: Synchronizing package databases...
i965: Failed to submit batchbuffer: Incorrect file descriptor
QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = pamac-qt path = /usr/bin pid = 3300
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/pamac-qt 
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/run/user/1000/kdeinit5__0

(process:3300): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 19:22:19.589: inotify read(): Incorrect file descriptor
Debugger's trap/breakpoint (segefault)

Output when trying to see Details:

qrc:/src/qml/HistoryDialog.qml:20:9: QML TableView: rowHeightProvider doesn't contain a function
qrc:/src/qml/PagePackageTable.qml:19:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to QmlFuture
qrc:/src/qml/MainWindow.qml:57:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to int
qrc:/src/qml/AboutDialog.qml:8:5: Unable to assign [undefined] to int
qrc:/src/qml/PreferencesDialog.qml:16:5: Unable to assign [undefined] to int
qrc:/src/qml/SearchPane.qml:81: ReferenceError: searchImage is not defined
qrc:/src/qml/MenuItemDelegate.qml:35: ReferenceError: index is not defined
qrc:/src/qml/MainWindow.qml:273:13: QML StackView: ScrollBar must be attached to a Flickable or ScrollView
<Unknown File>: QML QQuickContentItem: ScrollBar must be attached to a Flickable or ScrollView
qrc:/src/qml/MainWindow.qml:124:9: QML Page: ScrollBar must be attached to a Flickable or ScrollView
qrc:/src/qml/MainWindow.qml:119:5: QML QQuickItem: ScrollBar must be attached to a Flickable or ScrollView
<Unknown File>: QML QQuickContentItem: ScrollBar must be attached to a Flickable or ScrollView
<Unknown File>: QML QQuickRootItem: ScrollBar must be attached to a Flickable or ScrollView
Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = pamac-qt path = /usr/bin pid = 3617
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/pamac-qt 
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/run/user/1000/kdeinit5__0

[1]+  Stopped              pamac-qt

If you need full output (I cut the beginning that I thought was irrelevant) let me know.

So it's not only my problem. I'll look into it.

Updated, try it out

My unstable says there is nothing to do and https://repo.manjaro.org/ says the repo is up to date, but I still have:
Version : 0.2.0-1

Use git pkgbuild from second post of this thread

OK, details page is working now. Haven't checked updates or install yet (recently updated) but I assume this will be working correctly now too.

It's a bug of qqc2-desktop-style (again). I've just worked around it in all such places.

With the latest

Version         : 0.2.0-2

from the unstable repos, I was able to install google-chrome from the AUR.
Thanks.

Been using pamac-qt a lot, noodling around with it trying to um... break it. :crazy_face:
Hasnt crashed once when I refresh the database. But it crashes like crazy when I try to get the details of a package. Before it crashes it hangs something terrible.
I notice that this is a reported problem but in the build I'm using it isn't fixed yet maybe?
Screenshot_20190610_182340.

It was the one offered to me this morning with KDE updates.

I do have the coredump. Hopefully it's helpful. Link (it's loooooooong)

Is this what you mean by get the details?
Screenshot from KDE-Dev, fully updated.

If you're replying to me, yes those details. :slightly_smiling_face:

Same version as I'm using as well.
:woman_shrugging:

I know it sounds crazy, but three things you can try (probably in order if increasing inconvenience):

1. Create a new user which should get the default theme. I have seen many problems mysteriously solved when default themes are restored.
  2. Switch to unstable and update in case some library needs to be updated
  3. Create a new VM, and try the KDE-Dev in case I am benefiting from a beta library.

Well it's a desktop style bug. The latest git update includes a "fix" (kind of) for it.
@philm please can't you update a package version with this fix? Looks like Pamac Qt isn't usable now without it (idk about @mparillo case since it wasn't working for me either. Maybe qqc2-desktop-style got fixes in the latest git version).

P.S. I'm working on pamac-qt again (but update relase date is about the end of June because of my exams).

2 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work. :hugs:
Best of luck with your exams! :white_check_mark:

Not crazy at all. I usually make a secondary account anyhow in case I get the urge to try out another DE or something. So I tried it there. Default styling works fine though it's still a little squirrelly. When I changed to my normal style it was fine. When I go to details it still hung for a couple seconds. Then after a couple times it started crashing with basically the same error message. Looks like @LordTermor knows what's up so I'll just be patient.
I mostly use pacman anyways but Pamac-Qt just looks so nice with all the subtle transitions. And it's a new shiny toy to play with (and break)! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Well I already updated it. Is in testing already. Will snap it over to stable soon.

2 Likes