Pamac install breath-classic-theme-git fails to build

Here’s the log:

pamac install breath-classic-theme-git
mv: cannot stat '/var/tmp/pamac-build-user/breath-classic-theme-git/pkg/breath-classic-theme-git/usr/share/icons/breath': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...

Installed instead breath2-git however it removed manjaro-kde-settings:

==> Cleaning up...

Checking keyring...                                                                                                                                                    [1/1]
Checking integrity...                                                                                                                                                  [1/1]
Loading packages files...                                                                                                                                              [1/1]
Checking file conflicts...                                                                                                                                             [1/1]
Checking available disk space...                                                                                                                                       [3/3]
Removing sddm-breath-theme (21.2.0-2)...                                                                                                                               [1/2]
Removing plasma5-themes-breath (21.2.0-2)...                                                                                                                           [2/2]
Installing breath2-git (r170.85732de2-1)...                                                                                                                            [1/1]
Running post-transaction hooks...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...                                                                                                                                         [1/2]
Updating icon theme caches...                                                                                                                                          [2/2]
Transaction successfully finished.

Theme issue with manjaro-kde-settings

1. Proper command to install AUR packages with pamac is build : pamac build ...
  2. I got the same error while trying to install it to check it for you (on unstable branch):
-- Installing: /var/tmp/pamac-build-m/breath-classic-theme-git/pkg/breath-classic-theme-git/usr/share/color-schemes/BreathClassic.colors
-- Installing: /var/tmp/pamac-build-m/breath-classic-theme-git/pkg/breath-classic-theme-git/usr/share/color-schemes/BreathClassicDark.colors
-- Installing: /var/tmp/pamac-build-m/breath-classic-theme-git/pkg/breath-classic-theme-git/usr/share/color-schemes/BreathClassicLight.colors
mv: cannot stat '/var/tmp/pamac-build-m/breath-classic-theme-git/pkg/breath-classic-theme-git/usr/share/icons/breath': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
~/Desktop ❯ 

May be @LordTermor have an idea to you… Or you solved it already?

1 Like

@alven thanks for confirming.

1 Like

Its an AUR package … made by someone named ‘drommer’ a few weeks ago … :woman_shrugging:
You can flag it or comment it or something if there is a problem with it.
But I would also advise trying to build it the regular way, with makepkg, not pamac, before reporting.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_from_the_AUR_by_hand

@alven can you try to makepkg by hand? I don’t know how to do that.
By the way, love breath2 and I’m sticking with it.

I changed folders layout yesterday (renamed breath icons to breath-classic for consistency), it seems AUR package was not adopted. Try our PKGBUILD instead (it should be put in repos soon anyway).

git clone https://gitlab.manjaro.org/packages/community/themes/artwork-breath-classic.git
cd artwork-breath-classic
makepkg -s

and then install needed packages with pamac install <package file names>

@LordTermor does it require to uninstall breath2-git? Because I’m loving it.

breath2-git is essentially an old version of Breath (ex-Breath2 2021) + Breath Classic (ex-Breath2). So they will just duplicate each other.

It does build successfully, however how do I install it? Should I uninstall breathe2-git first?
This is the end of build log:

make: Leaving directory '/home/user/internet/artwork-breath-classic/src/build-icon-themes'
==> Tidying install...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
==> Checking for packaging issues...
==> Creating package "breath-classic-icon-themes"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: artwork-breath-classic 21.2.0-0 (Tue 14 Dec 2021)
makepkg -i

You can combine the command to makepkg -is as per Arch User Repository - Manjaro

1 Like

This PKGBUILD also builds our theme for Shells collaboration (which differs only in wallpapers). So I think it will be more straightforward to install plasma5-themes-breath-classic and breath-classic-icons package archives manually.

@Tribble from what LordTermor said above, you can install the packages you want using sudo pacman -U <package name>

It’s ok to manually build and install as you say, however, I incurr in those packages not being automatically updated anymore whenever I run pamac update, which would be if installed from AUR. So I don’t think it’s a good advice to recommend to random people to build and install manually packages.

It will actually as packages with the same name will be added to our repos and recognized by pacman/pamac as new versions of the same packages.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like