Pamac empty when opening through kde start menu (kick off)

I’m pretty sure my title doesn’t describe the problem clearly but I cannot think of anything better .
when i search for something in the start menu of kde it gives me an option to install from pamac but clicking that just opens an empty screen in pamac

Is this a bug?

You are most likely missing the databases required

ls -l /var/lib/pacman/sync

Run a forced sync on the databases to fix it

sudo pacman -Syy

Remembering your aversion to update the system - install it with below command

sudo pacman -S seahorse
1 Like

I just wanted to know if that is possible . I have no problem updating the system very often. :slight_smile:

it didn’t fix the problem :frowning_face:

output of ls -l /var/lib/pacman/sync

before forced update

total 52672
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  7049901 Oct 12 18:36 community.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 32373691 Oct  7 03:08 community.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   175260 Oct 11 23:42 core.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1938124 Sep 25 01:40 core.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1945605 Oct 11 23:42 extra.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  9965936 Oct  5 23:57 extra.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    17973 Sep 28 01:15 mhwd.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   179936 Oct  8 16:33 multilib.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   268431 Oct  6 02:51 multilib.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root        0 Oct 13 15:34 refresh_timestamp

after update

total 52668
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  7048877 Oct 14 13:03 community.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 32373691 Oct  7 03:08 community.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   175260 Oct 11 23:42 core.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1938124 Sep 25 01:40 core.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1945605 Oct 11 23:42 extra.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  9965936 Oct  5 23:57 extra.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    17973 Sep 28 01:15 mhwd.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   179936 Oct  8 16:33 multilib.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   268431 Oct  6 02:51 multilib.files
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root        0 Oct 13 15:34 refresh_timestamp

which I think is weird because total packages decreased

Apology then. I did perceive it as an objection to sync the system just to install one package.

As you probably figured the number is not the number of files in the mentioned folder - but every file counted from the root of the tree - and that count is bound to change all the time - tmp files are created and removed all the time - so that count is a point-in-time count.

Well - it is pamac - have you tried the Refresh databases option from the :hamburger: menu?

You probably want/need this:

Yes didn’t work

@bogdancovaciu i tried installing it through the method in achieved forums
and also tried installing again by the instructions in gitlab but it didnt work

checked the files from gitlab

it contains

gi.require_version('Pamac', '9.0')

the pamac version is now 10.2

Maybe it can be changed (did not test) or maybe we can ping @papajoke to see if there will be an update, and maybe @Yochanan to make a PKGBUILD ? hehehe Thanks !

1 Like

Why recommend partial upgrade scenario?

I’m pretty sure the mantra is (unless in extreme circumstances like fixing keys) do not sync without upgrading. And definitely do not sync, then install a new package, without upgrading first.

The commands together equal sudo pacman -Syy seahorse … which is not advisable.

i edited that python file i just commented out that line as it will just throw a warning
and restarted my laptop. Now it’s working. not perfectly though . icons of the packages arent shown

clicking it gets me to this page

krunner_pamac only adds more search results but doesnt fix the existing one :frowning_face:

Can you at least tell me where I can fill a bug report?

Not sure. Looking at the Application Launcher settings for the plugins, since it uses KRunner, it shows Software Center as being enabled

Searching works, with icons too, but as you pointed out in OP the Pamac windows remains empty when i click on one of the search results.
As i understand it, is either: the result is not passed correctly to Pamac, or Pamac is not getting those search results properly, so not sure where to report that, to Pamac or Kickoff developers …
Hey @LordTermor - any idea about this? Thanks!

as the krunner_pamac which was developed by @papajoke is showing the application from pamac when clicking. It isn’t a bug with pamac. So its a bug with kickoff right?

The issue has now been solved .Last kde update probably did that .now clicking that entry in kickoff opens Discover (kde software center) to show the application.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.