Pamac doesn't show aur packages

when i search in pamac and go to AUR tab it says no packages found
i was trying to install google chrome

2 Likes

i even tried reinstalling manjaro

Did you enable AUR support in it’s settings?

Settings -> AUR -> Enable AUR support

of course i did it was working fine till couple hours ago

Mine still works fine.

If I search for something I know is in the AUR, and press the AUR button it shows them fine.

Maybe your connection to aur.archlinux.org is wonky?

repositories,snap and flatpak work just fine.aur worked fine till i tried to install google chrome from aur by using git clone, but i even reinstalled whole operating system after that, i hope it is a connection problem but everything seems just fine, it seems like there is no problem with the connection, but i don’t know where the problem is

now i remember a upgraded some aur packages using pamac and after that aur stopped working

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue on a fresh install of manjaro 20.1
Enable AUR support is done.

I am new on Manjaro. So, I am not sure if it is a general issue on AUR or not

Howdy!

Can you open a terminal and type in sudo pacman -S yay --noconfirm && yay -Syyu , please?

Then try to see if everything is working!

Pamac AUR is fine on my side. I see google-chrome

I would rather suggest to use pamac from terminal to see the output

$ pamac search google-chrome
chromedriver-dev                                                                                                                                80.0.3987.16-1  AUR 
    Standalone server which implements WebDriver's wire protocol (for google-chrome-dev)
chromedriver-beta                                                                                                                               86.0.4240.22-1  AUR 
    Standalone server that implements the W3C WebDriver standard (for google-chrome)
chromedriver                                                                                                                                    86.0.4240.22-1  AUR 
    Standalone server that implements the W3C WebDriver standard (for google-chrome)
google-chrome-dev                                                                                                                               87.0.4280.11-1  AUR 
    The popular and trusted web browser by Google (Dev Channel)
google-chrome-beta                                                                                                                              86.0.4240.75-1  AUR 
    The popular and trusted web browser by Google (Beta Channel)
google-chrome                                                                                                                                   86.0.4240.75-1  AUR 
    The popular and trusted web browser by Google (Stable Channel)

Note: I’m not on stable channel but I don’t think your issue is related.

Obviously you can, but yay is my personal preference :upside_down_face:

yay -Syyu would pretty much refresh the data base…

This works for me as in I can now use yay to get AUR packages but I still don’t know how to get the AUR tab back on pamac.

I think that earlier today, there was a pamac-aur or pamac package that failed to update, while everything else updated normally. Once I rebooted, the (failed) update entry stopped appearing. Now there is no AUR on pamac. Which made me think that pamac was stopping support for AUR as a whole.

Is there a way to reinstall pamac entirely? I haven’t managed to rebuild from git, due to conflicts. So I might need to uninstall it completely. I don’t know how sound that is though.

At any rate thank you. I managed to save my grub some other time thanks to the advice you are giving here :smiley:

1 Like

Disable SOFTWARE MODE in Pamac? This mode will only show Softwares (not packages) from official Manjaro repos.

3 Likes

This worked 100%. Thanks.
I KNOW (98% sure) I didn’t tick that software mode box though. This must have been as the result of said update.
Anyway, I’m happy it’s there still :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.