Pamac core dump or crash when going for updates

I am experiencing errors with pamac causing core dumps. It appears to be related to when going to search for updates. When running on timer (every 4 hrs), it gives one short beep and dumps the core. If actually in the app, when updates is selected it begins the update process but crashes before completion. I have tried reinstalling all pamac apps but same result. I am asking for help in finding the cause and correcting. I am not a programmer so please give explicit instructions. I am running xfce and 5.8.11 kernel.

Welcome at the forum, @rod-in

Before someone more experienced in fixing Pamac issues (I don’t use it) enters this thread you can upate your system with the following commands:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Thanks Wollie for your quick reply. I have already done that to make sure it wasn’t an update problem. Pacman seems to be working fine but pamac is the problem. I did your suggestion just to make sure but the pamac problem still exists.

I discovered how to fix my problem with pamac core dumps and crashing. It was my overzealous cleaning and unobserved program removal. I did a cross check of the original Manjaro XFCE file list against my system file list. I found that 2 key files were missing: manjaro-base-skel and manjaro-xfce-settings. I installed both of these and their dependencies and pamac now retrieves all updates without causing any errors or crashes. Sorry about my error but thanks for any support given.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.