Pamac CLI authentication requires pressing enter after fingerprint

Hello,

I am using fprintd for fingeprint support. I have setup polkit to use pam-fprint-grosshack for authentication. This works perfectly in the authentication prompt when using the pamac GUI, but not when using the pamac cli specifically. pam-fprint-grosshack also works perfectly for sudo (not for the kde lock page sadly, as it breaks password login), so I dont think the problem is specifically due to it being in shell and not in a graphical context.

Anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening?
Here are the contents of /etc/pam.d/polkit-1

#%PAM-1.0

auth       sufficient   pam_fprintd_grosshack.so
auth       sufficient   pam_unix.so try_first_pass nullok
auth       include      system-auth
account    include      system-auth
password   include      system-auth
session    include      system-auth

For anyone unfamiliar, it will bring up a prompt like this when doing sudo :

sudo ls                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Enter Password or Place finger on fingerprint reader: 
Desktop  Documents  Downloads  Music  Pictures  Public  Templates  Videos

The prompt is the same when using pamac:

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.manjaro.pamac.commit ====
Authentication is required to install, update, or remove packages
Authenticating as: Lily (lilyes)
Enter Password or Place finger on fingerprint reader: 
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====

The only difference is that pressing enter is needed after using the fingerprint reader, which is not the case normally.

I am unsure if this is a quirk with polkit specifically or pamac itself. When configuring polkit to simply use fprint this is not an issue, presumably because there is no prompt for keyboard input in the first place.

Don’t think that’s issue, but you don’t need this line, it’s already in system-auth :wink:

Thanks for the tip! I actually did not have that line originally, but I added it in after re-reading the readme for pam-fprint-grosshack. Having it or not does not affect the issue