Pamac builds it on a physical machine but not a virtual machine?

The program in question is MegaSync - the file transfer program for the mega.co.nz cloud storage facility. I installed Manjaro Mate on an Intel NUC and installed MegaSync using pamac and the AUR. Worked great. A BIOS upgrade fixed a couple of issues but bricked the NUC. I just got the warranty replacement back today so while it was unavailable I built a Manjaro Mate virtual machine in VMWare Player/Workstation. Everything apparently the same but I get an erro when building MegaSync

g++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:7368: megaapi_impl.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-ken/megasync/src/MEGAsync/src/MEGASync'
make: *** [Makefile:47: sub-MEGASync-make_first] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

I just reimaged the NUC with a clean snapshot of Manjaro using Clonezilla. Applied 42 bigabytes of updates to get it on a par with the VM. MegaSync builds fine. I am scratching my hear. Any ideas?

TIA,

Ken

When pasting terminal output, highlight it and use the Preformatted text </> button.

Please post the full build log, not just what you think is relevant. If it’s long, please utilize a pastebin service and link it here.

Thanks Yochanan,

Sorry about the formatting or lack thereof. The full build log is larger than my terminal buffer. I assume it is in a file but I have no idea where it is located. As to this program - I would not plan to run it on the VM. That was just a test while the NUC was away. I had read of some issues with the operation of MegaSync on Manjaro so I was sort of worried until I could get the NUC back in business and found that it works just fine.

I was really curious that a VM would act differently than a physical machine. The only issue I have with VMs is that I cannot install a VM in a VM, at least not with Player/Workstation. In general programs work the same.

With one exception which I recall. Some dodgy coupon printer would not install in a virtual Windows XP environment. It would install on a physical machine which I could then virtualize. I then changed the Windows serial number, installed it again, virtualized again. I thus had two VMs which each could print out two coupons for Tabasco sauce each month!

Ken

I created a new VM from the same iso file I have been using for all installs. Updated and attempted to pamac build megasync. It died again but at a different point in the build. Installation on another physical machine - it died in yet another point in the make process.

I have been looking for a distro to move to as a replacement for CentOS as it is sort of at a dead end after v7. Manjaro has been interesting but I just want something that runs the few programs which I need. Perhaps Mint.

Ken

You can add the Mega repository to the end of pacman.conf and install the binary package.

[mochobb@mocho-desktop ~]$ cat /etc/pacman.conf 
#
# /etc/pacman.conf
#
# See the pacman.conf(5) manpage for option and repository directives

[...]

# An example of a custom package repository.  See the pacman manpage for
# tips on creating your own repositories.
#[custom]
#SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
#Server = file:///home/custompkgs

###REPO for MEGA###
[DEB_Arch_Extra]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = https://mega.nz/linux/MEGAsync/Arch_Extra/$arch
###END REPO for MEGA###

Thanks mbb,

I will try that.

Ken