Pamac 10 is now released

How did Pamac update itself without my knowledge?

@Ros, maybe you changed branches.
I’m still on stable with Pamac 9.5.12-1

Definitely not.
I must have installed it when I was installing something else.
Qt6 is not available to me, so I am using the stable branch.

I pushed v10.0.0 again to our stable branch. We also updated Application-Utils so Hello works again. If you have issues with Pamac, please debug via GDB and send us the log as a new issue.

[phil@development x86_64]$ gdb pamac-manager
GNU gdb (GDB) 10.1
Copyright (C) 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Reading symbols from pamac-manager...
(gdb) run

You can end gdb by typing quit.

Quoting from the man page post:

BUGS
Bugs? You must be kidding; there are no bugs in this software. But
if we happen to be wrong, submit a bug report with as much detail as
possible at Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab

:rofl: :joy:

Keep up the good work :+1::wink:

1 Like

I refreshed the mirrors, but I still don’t get this new release.
In facts, eg, if I go on Index of /manjaro/stable/extra/x86_64/ Pamac is still to 9.5.12-1

EDIT: also on Manjaro - Branch Compare
Pamac for stable branch is reported as n/a

pamac packages are now shown as AUR Packages?

~ >>> pacman -Qm                                                               
pamac-cli 9.5.12-1
pamac-common 9.5.12-2
pamac-flatpak-plugin 9.5.12-1
pamac-gtk 9.5.12-1
pamac-snap-plugin 9.5.12-1

I also have dependencies issues, I can’t update it:

dependencies could not be satisfied:
- remove web-installer-url-handler breaks dependency 'web-installer-url-handler' required by manjaro-hello,
- if possible, remove manjaro-hello and retry
- remove web-installer-url-handler breaks dependency 'web-installer-url-handler' required by software-center-web-jak,
- if possible, remove software-center-web-jak and retry

:grinning:

Hmm… looks familiar… :thinking: :laughing:

man pacman | less -p BUGS
3 Likes

The command pacman-mirrors with no options or --status will show that particular mirror (mirror.netcologne.de) is not up to date. The same info is found at https://repo.manjaro.org/.

It is confusing isn’t it. If I query United_States and review the ones that are “up to date”, I don’t see pamac-cli or pamac-common that isn’t -dev. For example:

Index of /pub/manjaro/stable/extra/x86_64 (last sync 00:23)

I tried a few in Germany too, and they only contain -dev versions even though they appear recently synced (i.e., 00:02).

Side Note: The format of Branch Compare changed. The previous version was much nicer to view (just scan across the line) and faster on a desktop. It now seems formatted for a phone.

Same problem here… I’ve reinstalled twice, thinking it was a problem here when I’ve activated AUR… is there a prevision on fixing it?

I mentioned it as an example: despite the fact that I refreshed all mirrors, I don’t still get Pamac v10.0.0

On Manjaro - Branch Compare If I check for pamac-gtk, -cli and -common, for the stable branch I see “n/a” instead of indicating a release:

This mirror is not up to date:
On mirror.netcologne.de I only see:
pamac-common-9.5.12-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

This mirror is up to date:
On mirror.math.princeton.edu, I only see:
pamac-common-dev-10.0.0-1.0-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

I looked at some up to date mirrors in Germany and they are similar to the princeton mirror. So it doesn’t seem to be a “sync/up to date” issue.

In other words, I have no idea what’s going on and will simply wait to see what the Manjaro team says :slight_smile:

WE will simple wait to see what the Manjaro team says :slight_smile:

At this moment it seems that the packages pamac-cli, pamac-gtk and pamac-common are not in the repos of the Stable branch.
That’s the reason they are shown as foreign in pacman/Pamac.

There is a pamac-cli package in the AUR, but this is a user contributed package, not the official one.

I’m pretty sure that the team will get this fixed soon enough. Patience is a virtue. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s where I first saw it too. Love the humour! :grin: :innocent:

The solution I’ve found, for now, is to disable AUR updates. Let’s wait for the fix, and the I’ll re-enable the updates!

Will the old mode that shows everything also be available, or will it be a sort of a clone of discover ?

It is as standard, the other mode is an extra setting and choice

OK, thx, I got worried by this software mode that hides lots of stuff, I really don’t like the discover package manager that hides all that.