Pamac 10 is now released

Pamac 10 is now released: v10.0.0 (4431c12f) · Commits · Applications / pamac · GitLab

11 Likes

Changelog from the release page:

• libpamac
    • many speed improvements
    • Package string properties can be null
    • Database has with sync and async methods
    • returned lists are GenericArrays(g_ptr_array)
    • Transaction methods are async
  • tray
    • tray-appindicator code removed
  • pamac-gtk
    • new GUI with a Software Mode
  • cli
    • use the current DE polkit agent for authentication if available
    • can build from AUR as root using systemd dynamic users
    • support AURDEST environment variable
    • manpages added
6 Likes

so “Software Mode” is easy mode now? or concisely a user-friendly mode?

Something like that - it will present ‘software’ rather than many different technical ‘packages’ - having more the look of a common “App Store”.

3 Likes

Hi. I can run Pamac v10 by searching for it in Kickoff, but the “Add/Remove Software” and “Software Update” entries in Kickoff no longer work.

Also the tray indicator won’t built from AUR as there is a conflict.

(Manjaro KDE)

Edit: Kickoff entries work after restart and re-adding to favourites. Seem to be combined into one entry now. Tray indcator v10 still won’t build from AUR:

conflicting files:

• pamac-tray-appindicator: /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)
  • pamac-tray-appindicator: /usr/bin/pamac-tray already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)
1 Like

pamac-tray-appindicator got removed. There is a replacement for it called pamac-tray-icon-plasma.

4 Likes

ok, thanks.

do i need to activate this in some way? it’s not showing even though i have one package on my updates list

try to start pamac-tray-plasma

5 Likes

ok. all good after a restart so didn’t have to type anything.

2 Likes

thanks for the update.

edit: re-applied decorations and all is good :slight_smile:

Some feedback if you people find it useful. On top of the good parts and the fact that it is faster, here are some things that maybe need to be improved:

• the software mode is great and something I suggested to the Manjaro team a few times in the past, but I am not sure by what criteria it selects what is “software” and what is not. So far I see that it removes all of the AUR packages from searches. If I search for Zettlr, which is an amazing note taking application, in Software Mode, it finds none. Because it is in AUR. So you should improve the way you do this.

• In the previous version you could easily select the type of packaging in the searches, now they are all clustered together and no way to separate them. It was useful when you were searching specifically for a Flatpak or AUR…

• The position of the buttons: in default and search, the install/remove buttons are on the right, but when you click an item are in the middle. It is, in my view, a bit confusing and not following a certain design. I liked how it was before with the buttons in the right, since they were the only “buttons” (install/remove) and followed the same design. More to this, when displaying a single item you have a bunch of buttons in the middle: launch, reinstall, remove, details, dependencies, files. Before, in my view, it was much cleaner and easier to understand (design wise).

That’s all, thanks for your work!

4 Likes

You can still do that,is in the View dropdown menu

1 Like

Open a issue with the package maintainer to add appstream data, not related with pamac.

Having the same issue while updating through Manjaro (KDE) package manager: pamac-tray-appindicator pkgver=10.0.0 gives: conflicting files:

• pamac-tray-appindicator: /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)
  • pamac-tray-appindicator: /usr/bin/pamac-tray already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)

Update: I removed all orphans, applied the update and issue is now solved

There is a solution above.

Ah I missed that. Great. Thanks!

You mean with the AUR maintainer? If that’s the case, I will.

Version 10 was available all day, but now only 9.5. A pacman-mirrors shows all mirrors in good standing. I’m confused.

Mirrors:
mirrors.gigenet.com/manjaro
mirror.dacentec.com/manjaro
mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/manjaro
repo.ialab.dsu.edu/manjaro
mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/manjaro
mirror.clarkson.edu/manjaro

Looks like it was reverted for some reason,check Manjaro - Branch Compare

Edit: Check

Not quite. Now there is. :wink:

Hi guys, been using Manjaro for the past year, super happy about it overall. Just wondering if it’s normal for pamac 10 not to have a software update menu entry anymore.