Pamac 10 is now released

Open a issue with the package maintainer to add appstream data, not related with pamac.

Having the same issue while updating through Manjaro (KDE) package manager: pamac-tray-appindicator pkgver=10.0.0 gives: conflicting files:

• pamac-tray-appindicator: /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)
  • pamac-tray-appindicator: /usr/bin/pamac-tray already exists in filesystem (owned by pamac-gtk)

Update: I removed all orphans, applied the update and issue is now solved

There is a solution above.

Ah I missed that. Great. Thanks!

You mean with the AUR maintainer? If that’s the case, I will.

Version 10 was available all day, but now only 9.5. A pacman-mirrors shows all mirrors in good standing. I’m confused.

Mirrors:
mirrors.gigenet.com/manjaro
mirror.dacentec.com/manjaro
mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/manjaro
repo.ialab.dsu.edu/manjaro
mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/manjaro
mirror.clarkson.edu/manjaro

Looks like it was reverted for some reason,check Manjaro - Branch Compare

Edit: Check

Not quite. Now there is. :wink:

Hi guys, been using Manjaro for the past year, super happy about it overall. Just wondering if it’s normal for pamac 10 not to have a software update menu entry anymore.

How did Pamac update itself without my knowledge?

@Ros, maybe you changed branches.
I’m still on stable with Pamac 9.5.12-1

Definitely not.
I must have installed it when I was installing something else.
Qt6 is not available to me, so I am using the stable branch.

I pushed v10.0.0 again to our stable branch. We also updated Application-Utils so Hello works again. If you have issues with Pamac, please debug via GDB and send us the log as a new issue.

[phil@development x86_64]$ gdb pamac-manager
GNU gdb (GDB) 10.1
Copyright (C) 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Reading symbols from pamac-manager...
(gdb) run

You can end gdb by typing quit.

Quoting from the man page post:

BUGS
Bugs? You must be kidding; there are no bugs in this software. But
if we happen to be wrong, submit a bug report with as much detail as
possible at Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab

:rofl: :joy:

Keep up the good work :+1::wink:

1 Like

I refreshed the mirrors, but I still don’t get this new release.
In facts, eg, if I go on Index of /manjaro/stable/extra/x86_64/ Pamac is still to 9.5.12-1

EDIT: also on Manjaro - Branch Compare
Pamac for stable branch is reported as n/a

pamac packages are now shown as AUR Packages?

~ >>> pacman -Qm                                                               
pamac-cli 9.5.12-1
pamac-common 9.5.12-2
pamac-flatpak-plugin 9.5.12-1
pamac-gtk 9.5.12-1
pamac-snap-plugin 9.5.12-1

I also have dependencies issues, I can’t update it:

dependencies could not be satisfied:
- remove web-installer-url-handler breaks dependency 'web-installer-url-handler' required by manjaro-hello,
- if possible, remove manjaro-hello and retry
- remove web-installer-url-handler breaks dependency 'web-installer-url-handler' required by software-center-web-jak,
- if possible, remove software-center-web-jak and retry

:grinning:

Hmm… looks familiar… :thinking: :laughing:

man pacman | less -p BUGS
3 Likes

The command pacman-mirrors with no options or --status will show that particular mirror (mirror.netcologne.de) is not up to date. The same info is found at https://repo.manjaro.org/.

It is confusing isn’t it. If I query United_States and review the ones that are “up to date”, I don’t see pamac-cli or pamac-common that isn’t -dev. For example:

Index of /pub/manjaro/stable/extra/x86_64 (last sync 00:23)

I tried a few in Germany too, and they only contain -dev versions even though they appear recently synced (i.e., 00:02).

Side Note: The format of Branch Compare changed. The previous version was much nicer to view (just scan across the line) and faster on a desktop. It now seems formatted for a phone.

Same problem here… I’ve reinstalled twice, thinking it was a problem here when I’ve activated AUR… is there a prevision on fixing it?

I mentioned it as an example: despite the fact that I refreshed all mirrors, I don’t still get Pamac v10.0.0

On Manjaro - Branch Compare If I check for pamac-gtk, -cli and -common, for the stable branch I see “n/a” instead of indicating a release: