Pacman wrong version installed

Hello everyone. I have a question about pacman and package installation. I have installed blackarch on top of manjaro and blackarch listed last in repo list. Here is the thing, when I’m trying to install some tool that updated on blackarch but not updated on extra/community repository, then pacman installing non-updated version. I tried to move blackarch higher, but some tools in blackarch repository have lower version. Is there any way to always install newest version of all repositories without manual checking and specifying version?

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

BlackArch is specifically intended for Arch Linux, not for Manjaro, and Manjaro’s Unstable branch corresponds to Arch Stable. This means that both Manjaro Testing and Manjaro Stable are behind on Arch Stable ─ and for good reason too, i.e. the stabilization of packages.

If you want to be on the bleeding edge and on par with Arch Stable, then you should switch to Manjaro Unstable, as follows… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors --set-branch unstable && sudo pacman -Syyu

Disclaimer: Breakage will ensue. Thou be warned. :man_shrugging:

Mixing blackarch repo on Manjaro is a recipe for disaster and will lead to system issues - issues which we cannot help you with.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.