Pacman won't install latest snapshot, spams glibc-locales errors

While today’s Manjaro snapshot updated fine on my desktop, I’m having an issue installing the latest version on my laptop. Pacman refuses to apply the packages citing an error… I can’t really tell what’s happening as the console is spammed with a lot of messages, particularly from glibc-locales: Please let me know what you suspect is going on and how to fix it.

Does pamac (pamac upgrade) have the same output/errors?

In the past advice for these locale error was to overwrite: Can't update anything, "Replace xxxxx with extra/xxxx5" - #4 by hyjt8

2 Likes

Thanks! Using sudo pacman -Syuu glibc-locales --overwrite /usr/lib/locale/\*/\* seems to have worked, it’s finally installing everything without any more errors now.

This issue and solution was in the respective Update announcement several months ago.

This indicates that you might be missing a lot of important system maintenance tasks in that timeframe; there have been many issues which required user intervention. I suggest you systematically read through Stable Update announcements over the applicable months missed.

Good luck.

1 Like

Yes, I figured that’s why: I only maintain my laptop every few months unless I go on a trip, this is the first time I powered on this year as I haven’t used it since last summer. I only decided to after this update.

Well, you know all the reasons why that’s not a good idea, so I won’t launch into the usual spiel. :wink: I’ll simply say - the sooner it’s fixed, the better. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.