pacman SSL error, pacman mirror failed to reach to server, wget returns 404 with correct link

so today was a sad day, I ran sudo pacman -Syu, gives me SSL error

:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.dotsrc.org : OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to mirrors.dotsrc.org:443 
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from manjaro-arm.moson.eu : OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to manjaro-arm.moson.eu:443 
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from smail.net.pl : OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to smail.net.pl:443 
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from manjaro-arm.moson.org : OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to manjaro-arm.moson.org:443 

then after searching on the forum, i realize i have to update pacman-mirrolist, so i did.
but do you think wget is gonna work? no

--2019-12-04 15:07:57--  http://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/manjaro-arm/repo/stable/core/aarch64/pacman-mirrorlist-20200225-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
Resolving ftp-osl.osuosl.org (ftp-osl.osuosl.org)... 140.211.166.134, 2605:bc80:3010::134
Connecting to ftp-osl.osuosl.org (ftp-osl.osuosl.org)|140.211.166.134|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2019-12-04 15:07:57 ERROR 404: Not Found.

throws me a 404, even curl won't work
okay so that's not a big problem, I plugged the sd card into an arch install
surprisingly, the same command, work on my arch install, and now I can save the file to the sd card
but does that solve the issue? no
after installing it with pacman -U, nothing changed, the same error, the same issue.

someone help me with this, spent 8 hours already

When was the last time you updated?

What image did you install from?

i did a fresh install this morning because it was broken yesterday and i couldn't fix it.
got it from

Very odd. Did you set your timezone correctly?

oh thanks, its EXACTLY that, somehow system clock wasn't synchronized, what could possibly cause this?

Probably not being connected to internet while setting it up or rebooting. :slight_smile:

its weird tho, ntp or anything is not installed, rebooting he pi just resets the time

It should set the time back as soon as systemd-timesyncd gets a connection again.

Forum kindly sponsored by