Pacman_mirrors --Help RP64

Hi,
ive been switching from stable to testing branch and have run into issues. sudo pacman -Syy does not respond to any servers. Switching back to stable branch gives me this error:

sudo pacman-mirrors --api --set-branch stable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/pacman-mirrors", line 20, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors import pacman_mirrors
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/pacman_mirrors.py", line 31, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors.builder import common, fasttrack, interactive
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/builder/common.py", line 24, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors.builder.builder import build_pool
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/builder/builder.py", line 26, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors.functions.outputFn import write_custom_mirrors_json
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/functions/outputFn.py", line 23, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors.functions import customFn
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/functions/customFn.py", line 22, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors.functions import defaultFn
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/functions/defaultFn.py", line 23, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors.functions import pools
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/functions/pools.py", line 23, in <module>
    from pacman_mirrors.functions.httpFn import get_ip_country
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pacman_mirrors/functions/httpFn.py", line 36, in <module>
    import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

Ive tried to downgrade pacman_mirrors. That did not work… Any help would be appreciated.

Why? You simply have to refresh mirrors when switching branches.
sudo pacman-mirrors -f5
for example … and then run
sudo pacman -Syyu

When was the last time you properly updated the system? On all branches pacman-mirrors is at version 4.23.2-2 and that uses python3.10 …

thank you for the reply. This result i posted is after i downgraded pacman mirrors. I have been updating consistently. Actually recently i downgraded python as well to get kodi 19 to work again. It looks like it may be a python issue ive run in to.

It is never wise to mess with the system python as every python package depends on the system python which is at 3.10.

As far as I know our Kodi package works with Python 3.10, but some plugins does not. That can only be solved by the plugin maintainer updating their software.

Thank you for your help everyone. I reverted the updated python and that seemed to do the trick. pacman mirrors appear to be working again.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.