Fingerprint support for Manjaro

Does Manjaro has official support for fingerprint scanners? I used Windows 10 before, but it sucks. I tried Ubuntu, Solus and Manjaro. I chose Manjaro because they have better support and they are more abundant in repositories and applications than any other Linux distros out there. I love Manjaro because they also follow the rolling release system. However, I don’t like Linux in terms of fingerprint login support, because it’s so complicated to set it up. Also I suggest that in the next updates, Manjaro will have touchpad gestures support too, like Pop! OS.

By the way, here are the specs of my laptop
ASUS-Vivobook X509JA
Intel Core i3 10th Gen
4GB RAM
128 GB NVMe SSD
1TB SATA HDD
ElanTech Touchpad with Fingerprint Sensor

Hope you will help me for this feature. It would be a great help. Thanks!

Yes, see fprint - ArchWiki

There are programs for customizing gestures like gestures and touche for example.

thanks

In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

#copied_from_fabby :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Being copied is the highest form of flattery… :blush:

And guess what? Earlier today I changed it to:

In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

Here’s the code:

In the future, please don't forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
![Solution|500x70](upload://aFdnDpIT4SpfoATVIAGud60ctP0.gif)

:wink: :grin:

P.S. I changed it because someone couldn’t find it even with the explanation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.