same when I run ldconfig

Looking into the directory

ls /usr/lib | grep libicutu.so
libicutu.so
libicutu.so.73
libicutu.so.73.2
libicutu.so.74
libicutu.so.74.2

For the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong. I am fully updated. I searched Manjaro and Arch forums.

Any help would be appreciated

No, you’re not. We’ve had icu 74 with libicutu.so.74 for quite some time now.

Please make sure you actually are up to date. If you still have issues after that, please post your full update log using proper formatting..

sudo pacman -Syyu
[sudo] password for blank:
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 150.3 KiB 381 KiB/s 00:00 [---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
extra 8.7 MiB 2.76 MiB/s 00:03 [---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
community 29.0 B 349 B/s 00:00 [---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
multilib 143.8 KiB 1073 KiB/s 00:00 [---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

Please try again–this time actually clicking the links I shared. Please edit your post accordingly.

I’m am sorry but I don’t see any “links” that you shared. I just rebooted and tried to update again. Nothing to do. icu74 is installed. Would removing icu73-bin be a solution?

The links appear in a different color and are “clickable”
Green in color for me.
Behind the words “proper formatting” and “up to date”.

Thank You I had my kid show me. I am color blind and green next to black with a white background. It just looked black to me.

Apparently. Why do you have it installed to begin with?

This means that your system is almost certainly NOT up-to-date, as the Community repo was removed eight or more months ago. You likely have .pacnew files that need to be inspected & actioned (merge/replace/delete) if required. These files are very important, as they deal with system configuration and failure to deal with them may eventually result in a broken installation.

To do this you need to run pacdiff -o. Depending on where your system is currently at, you may need to install the pacman-contrib package, which was recently split from pacman & contains the pacdiff command.

See System Maintenance in the Manjaro Wiki, and look for the heading Pacnew and Pacsave files to learn more about .pacnew files mentioned.

To find specific information on instances that required manual intervention, look through the previous Stable Announcements.

1 Like

If you use Firefox as your browser, a settings option to always underline links was introduced in December, 2023:

2 Likes