Pacman failed to install linux58-nvidia-340xx

HI i’m using sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300 to install nvidia driver for Geforce 9500gt
i get these errors =>

Using config ‘video-nvidia-340xx’ for device: 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:0640) Display controller nVidia Cor
poration G96C [GeForce 9500 GT]
Installing video-nvidia-340xx…
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-340xx/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300
Processing classid: 0302
:: Synchronizing package databases…
error: target not found: linux58-nvidia-340xx
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

what can i do ?

There’s a thread about the depreciation of 340 drivers here

Just reading through it it seems you may need to be on a lts kernel like 5.4

i have 5.4 but mhwd wants to install for 5.8
and want to remove 5.8 from kernels is setting but i get this error =>
linux58

Starting

checking dependencies…

:: removing linux58 breaks dependency ‘linux58’ required by linux-latest

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)

Done …
:confused:

You need to uninstall the linux-latest package if you want to uninstall 5.8, the team added it to make sure you get moved to the latest kernel when a kernel becomes EOL. You shouldn’t need to uninstall 5.8 to install 5.4 just install 5.4 and then boot into it from grub

i’m booted with linux54 but when i run
sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300
i get this =>

λ  sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300                                                                                                               (~) 13:06:31
> Using config 'video-nvidia-340xx' for device: 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:0640) Display controller nVidia Corporation G96C [GeForce 9500 GT]
> Installing video-nvidia-340xx...
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true                                                                                                                                     
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-340xx/MHWDCONFIG                                                                                       
Processing classid: 0300                                                                                                                                    
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300                                                                                                                 
Processing classid: 0302                                                                                                                                    
:: Synchronizing package databases...                                                                                                                       
error: target not found: linux58-nvidia-340xx                                                                                                               
core is up to date                                                                                                                                         
extra is up to date                                                                                                                                        
community is up to date                                                                                                                                    
multilib is up to date                                                                                                                                     
Error: pacman failed!                                                                                                                                       
Error: script failed!

moved to #support:Graphic-Cards as this doesn’t look like Manjaro hardware

Yeah. It will install the mhwd drivers for every kernel you have installed, so you have to uninstall linux-latest and then uninstall linux58 from Manjaro Settings Manager, if uninstalling linux-latest did not do it on it’s own. Then reboot and use the mhwd command again.

1 Like

Thank you it’s downloading now :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.