Grub-customizer seems to be missing in Pamac and yay, but not the forum?

https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/grub-customizer/
I don’t remember what this was installed from, but yay came up and said

-> Missing AUR Packages:  grub-customizer

after an update.

yay -Qi grub-customizer
Name            : grub-customizer
Version         : 5.1.0-2
Description     : A graphical grub2 settings manager
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://launchpad.net/grub-customizer
Licenses        : GPL3
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : grub  gtkmm3  libarchive
Optional Deps   : hwinfo: Additional hardware information [installed]
                  polkit: Run grub-customizer from menu [installed]
Required By     : None
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 3.09 MiB
Packager        : Felix Yan <felixonmars@archlinux.org>
Build Date      : Tue 07 Jul 2020 12:06:07 PM CDT
Install Date    : Mon 10 Aug 2020 09:57:13 AM CDT
Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
Install Script  : No
Validated By    : Signature

Checking this showed it was out of date, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but let alone installing it I can’t even search for it in yum OR pamac.
Have I screwed the pooch by uninstalling this package? is it just dead? Or is it just not supported by Manjaro anymore.

I don’t remember installing it in the first place so it was probably installed as a dependency, or with manjaro itself.

Edit: moved to wrong subforum somehow >.>

Just learn how to edit /etc/default/grub. Grub customizer can cause more issues than it’s worth.

1 Like

Because it doesnt exist. Not in the Repos, Not in the AUR.
And, being frank, it shouldnt exist on your system either. It is a plague.

Not at all. That is the only correct reaction to grub-customizer being installed :wink:

4 Likes

Well honestly, that’s the thing. How did it get installed in the first place? >.>

You installed it.

This means it either came from Arch or the AUR.
Its possible it used to be in the repos or the AUR, you installed it, and it has since been removed.
But the line I first quoted shows it was not installed as a dependency.

It was in the repo, and not to toot my own horn, but I was the one who asked for its removal, because it’s not compatible with Manjaro’s GRUB and it will effectively, with 100% absolute certainty, mess up one’s ability to boot Manjaro.

2 Likes

Just gonna summarize this in case someone else has the same question in the future:

grub-customizer is no longer an available Manjaro package; as it conflicts with Manjaro’s GRUB.
It was never explicitly installed as part of the initial Manjaro image. If it is listed as explicitly installed; it was probably done by hand afterwards. Feel free to uninstall it and not look back.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.