Package Manager Does Not Launch After Recent Updates

I have a peculiar issue where the package manager (pamac-manager) does not load/properly launch after recent (1~2 months ago) system updates. When I try to open the package manager, the terminal displays the following error:

(pamac-manager:7335): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:38:24.310: No IM module matching GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx found

I use fcitx as part of a setup to allow me to type in Japanese in an otherwise English-based environment. After the issue surfaced, I reinstalled fcitx but to no avail.
Any suggestions about how to fix this issue?
Please note that while I’ve been using Manjaro for years, I am not very familiar with its nuts and bolts and so would appreciate suggestions that would be easy to implement for a novice. Thank you.

You might try installing pamac-gtk3 instead, to see if that makes a difference.

sudo pacman -S pamac-gtk3

This should give the option to replace the existing pamac-gtk.

Additionally, are you using Wayland or X11?

If using Wayland, you might try either;

• export GTK_IM_MODULE=wayland
  • export GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx

or, if using X11;

• export GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx

…environment variables in your ~/.profile.

(followed by a reboot)

Cheers.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

I’d suggest removing that package, doing the upgrades and then reinstalling it afterwards, if you haven’t already tried that.

Just to add: a bit more system info might help e.g. inxi -zv8 … cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear @soundofthunder , thank you for your suggestion! Switching from pamac-gtk to pamac-gtk3 resolved the issue. No additional action (additions of environment variables) were necessary. Many thanks for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.