P50 intel/quadro cards, how to?

When I use this

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Configure_NVIDIA_(non-free)_settings_and_load_them_on_Startup

I got this

[manjaro@manjaro-LenovoP50 ~]$ inxi -G
Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 530 driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA GM107GLM [Quadro M1000M] driver: N/A
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.5 driver: modesetting resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
Message: Unable to show advanced data. Required tool glxinfo missing.

No driver

When I install video-nvidia-435xx

After reboot I do not have xstart, so uninstalled it in TTY.

Is there any other way how to have switchable graphic cards?
When I was using kernel 5.2 and nvidia 430xx the card worked (when I disabled intel card in bios) and it takes too much power when allways on quadro card.

I was palying with it a month ago when I tried manuals on ARCH wiki or forum but noyhing had worked, so second try, I can live wothout but I just want to have it working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Moved to #newbies from #technical-issues-and-assistance:hardware since more information is required

Today I was playing with it again. Was very close where it “worked” after two or three restarts to get nvidia on, then wait a minute to see the second screen, another restart to get intel only then again restart to get nvidia only and boom no screens at all. So went TTY and was playing with rm rf command.
In my eyes the same linux state as 13 years ago, too much effort to maintain the OS. I am going to install Manjaro again and will not install any other program I will just wait when it breaks by its own, my little experiment.

Forum kindly sponsored by