(Over) Zealous New User - Having Trouble Installing Teradici Pcoip Client

Hello,

As the description says, I’m an overzealous user who has, for a long time, wanted to start using Linux seriously. I work in the VFX industry, where Linux is predominantly used.

I installed Manjaro on my HP Z440 Desktop just a few hours back. I am having difficulty wrapping my head around how to install Teradici pcoip client. Due to the pandemic and work from home, this is required to remote login into my company machine and work.

This is what I’m trying to install.
docsDOTteradiciDOTcom/find/product/software-and-mobile-clients/21.01/software-client-for-linux

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated since I’m currently stuck and don’t want to install other distros.

Thank you.

Hi @devparam02, and welcome!

I’ve never heard of anything like this, and I was also unable to find it in the AUR.

However, a further bit of searching led me to GitHub - ppira/pcoip-client: pcoip-client archlinux package which seems to be an AUR PKGBUILD for what you’re looking for.

So I suggest using that PKGBUILD along with Installing packages from AUR to buid and use it manually. Of course, you could always find someone who is willing to submit it to, and keep it updated in the AUR…

1 Like

Hello Mirdarthos!

Thank you so much for that! I was able to get Teradici Pcoip client up and running. I tried searching github for this, but their own page didn’t give me anything useful.
githubDOTcom/teradici

Once again, thank you very much! I’m looking forward to what will remain of my weekend to start learning about linux and manjaro from the ground up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are very welcome! I’m glad you managed.

Hello Devparam02, is there a way you can share the instructions or steps to get Teradici client installed for manajro?
Thanks mate!!

Got it!, I saw the intrsuctions!!, thanks guys!, working like a charm!

1 Like

Glad you figured it out! I saw this quite late! I’ve been using Teradici 21.01 on manjaro without any issues.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.