4      491GB   500GB   9214MB  primary  linux-swap(v1)  swap

NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
sda      8:0    0 465.8G  0 disk 
├─sda1   8:1    0   1.4G  0 part 
├─sda2   8:2    0 261.8G  0 part 
├─sda3   8:3    0   194G  0 part /
└─sda4   8:4    0   8.6G  0 part [SWAP]
sr0     11:0    1  1024M  0 rom

i see only one… so can you disable one windows boot entry in bios boot options?

Ok. I think I know what to do. Mount your /dev/sda2 partition, look for the the bootmgr file in the root folder of that partition and rename it, for example bootmgr.bak. Unmount the partition after that. I think that should be enough to avoid this partition being detected as Windows boot.

Of course, you have to rerun update-grub to update grub config.

I appreciate you trying to help, but if you are not sure what you are talking about don’t add chaos to the conversation. Your answer here is not even logical.

3 Likes

if he has 2 windows entries in bios boot options he can disable one, whats not logical here ?

1 Like

He/She already told you that his/her system does not use EUFI, uses BIOS. BIOS doesn’t know anything about partitions or operating systems. Only about disks and drives. So there is not going to be a “Windows entry” in the BIOS options.

Besides that, nothing of that is going to solve the problem of two windows systems detected by grub-update. Please, listen and try to learn before trying to help with whatever comes to your mind.

1 Like

the one ilogical here is you… i was talking about boot options not partitions … so you telling me that bios doesnt have any boot options? … im using bios and i have boot options there…

Do you understand the difference between UEFI and BIOS?

do you? this is absolutely pointless, he has 2 windows boot entries, so if they are being detected in bios boot options he can disable one, i dont understand what is your problem with that…

Ok. I’m not continuing with this. Please read again my message about BIOS and UEFI. BIOS does not know about partitions or operating systems, it works at disk level, so the boot options are “Disk 1”, “Disk 2”, “DVD” and things like that.

That’s why you can’t disable one Windows boot in BIOS, because there can’t be one

I think this is going to turn into an argument, and poor @Quetz hasn’t solved his problem yet…
Shouldn’t this end now? :sweat_smile:

@cfinnberg

I renamed the file to .bak file, updated the grub, and it works!
TYSM for helping me to deal with this small pet peeve of mine :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.