OpenGL applications using LLVMpipe despite nvidia gpu and drivers installed since update

I am running with 5.15 at the moment with no change, what would reinstalling the Xorg-server do?
Seems like thing that is more likely to break than fix things, unless I’m wrong…

Sorry to be hesitant, there is a lot of setup I’ve done to run applications for uni-work that I’d rather not repeat on a full re-install

I was just guessing that the experimental kernel might have change some of the xorg file structures or configurations. Reinstalling it may revert it back to the original. But if you hesitant, then don’t do it. Anyway, if you have important files or programs on your PC right now, I really suggest you to make a backup of them in different containers (USB stick or external HDD).

Edit:
Btw, have you tried this one? FS#70287 : NVIDIA: Failed to load module "glxserver_nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
Instead of etc/X11/xorg.conf (which I believe it doesn’t suppose to be exist) you may want to add that “file” section in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf.

1 Like

That seems to have fixed it thank you! I’ve marked it as the solution and am now happily using my graphics card once more :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.