Onlyoffice


#1

When I install onlyoffice desktop-editors I get:
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…
Checking keyring…
Checking integrity…
Loading packages files…
Checking file conflicts…
Checking available disk space…
Installing onlyoffice-bin (4.4.1-338)…
Warning: onlyoffice-bin: directory permissions differ on /opt/filesystem: 755 package: 775
Warning: onlyoffice-bin: directory permissions differ on /usr/filesystem: 755 package: 775
Warning: onlyoffice-bin: directory permissions differ on /usr/share/filesystem: 755 package: 775
Warning: onlyoffice-bin: directory permissions differ on /usr/bin/filesystem: 755 package: 775
Warning: onlyoffice-bin: directory permissions differ on /usr/share/applications/filesystem: 755 package: 775
Running post-transaction hooks…
Updating icon theme caches…
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate…
Updating the desktop file MIME type cache…
Transaction successfully finished.

Then when I run desktopeditors it givs errors and refuses to open doc, docx, xslx files. Oddly enough itt does still open pdf-files, maybe because they are opened readonly.

Any ideas what is the best way to solve this? I am reluctant to start chrmod-ing many non desktopeditors-specific folders. Coul dit be just one temp-folder or something simple?
Thanks,
Y.


#2

How did you install it? It is not in the Manjaro repositories, I do see some items regarding onlyoffice in the AUR:
Screenshot_20171213_130702
What and how did you install?


#3

I used onlyoffice-bin. I have used it for months and the problems only started reccently, but a re-install does not seem to help.


#4

Same issue here but the package loads fine so far.

Edit: It won’t open any documents though.


#5

When I use the portal from the desktop editor it opens all files I have in personal.onlyoffice.com fine (and in gdrive and onedrive etc.). I can also upload. I just cannot edit/create/open local files anymore. I bet it is writing rights to some temp-storage that causes it.


#6

I agree :man_health_worker:
The upgraded version has probably changed the way it works.
The message shows the difference.
Try changing the directory permissions as the packages permissions (775) recursively.

=== The topic belongs to AUR category ===


#7

Thanks for properly categorizing the thread.


#8

I tried ucing chmod, but it did not resolve the issue.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/onlyoffice-bin
Is not optimistic.
Havinng tried several things I wonder if the problems are not related to the chrome-sandboxing not working. When started from the commandline that is the recurring factor,


#9

Oops. Uninstalled the onlyoffice-bin from the AUR then I installed in Manjaro using the link mentioned in a 2016 post in the AUR. (http://download.onlyoffice.com/install/desktop/editors/linux/onlyoffice-desktopeditors-installer-x64
after downloading: make executable)
After re-booting it started working correctly v. 4.4.1.338
I now have a fully working onlyoffice again, though it is sideloaded so it will not be automatically updated over time.


#10

The latest incarnation of onlyoffice-bin 4.8.7 in the AUR works well, again.


#11

I just installed 4.8.7 and got the same warnings, but also a “Failed to set default locale” - though it seems to be working fine.


#12

5.1 is available as appimage. I have not tried it yet. I expect the rest of the linux side to become available shortly. I use the SNAP version, so it should update easily.


#13

I just tried the appimage version of 5.1 and it works well for me. The Macros and TOC are my favourite additions. The SNAP version has auto-pdated to 5.1.29 Great. I also hope for those who use cloudready that a flatpak version will be made available. Cloudready with Libreoffice, Gimp and Onlyoffice and KDENLive is good enough for many.