Only graphics card showing up

Hello, i am a newbie to Linux, and just installed manjaro(Kde) on my laptop. When i went to ‘hardware configuration’ only the graphics card shows up and is unable to get drivers for other devices/components. How can i fix this?!

For most of components etc… the Linux core has the drivers for it already included,
but if you click in left down corner “Show all devices” you can look at other components,
but very likely you have all the drivers you need, of course there are some exceptions for some obscure wifi cards but if you don’t have problem with that then it’s all okay, you don’t need to download/install any other drivers

2 Likes

thanks!

To reiterate a bit … not only do you not need to go to the manufacturers website to download some driver…
You SHOULD NOT.
If you somehow make that work … it will virtually break your system.
So dont. Just update :wink:

1 Like

SHOULD NOT

But why, that could happen? That are possible sources of such system breakages? Cause by what?

1 Like

Why? Because people. Is it possible? Yes. Examples … all over the (previous) forums … like someone trying to self install catalyst or nvidia drivers from manufacturer tarball … what happens? Well, if they dont entirely fail it generally breaks X, mhwd, dependencies, is outside of package management … etc etc.

2 Likes

thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.