Okular and other Qt applications do not create any visible windows

As mentioned, it was likely part of the solution. Also, one presumes that the theme wasn’t in use at the time, and a reboot was subsequently performed. You might have better luck finding the thread than I did. Cheers.

Ah I see. I looked for kvantum-related threads, but essentially found that people had to also install kvantum-qt5 following the recent stable updates, which was already installed on my machine.

I tried removing the kvantum-theme-matcha, rebooting, removing all kvantum config I could find (inside ~/.config/Kvantum, there was nothing inside /etc/xdg/), but nothing changed…

What bugs me is that I can see from top that the apps seem to be running fine, I just can’t see anything

Hi again,

Here’s the output of telegram-desktop (5.1.1 static build and from manjaro extra package):

QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
QWidget::render: Cannot render with an inactive painter
QXcbSystemTrayBackingStore: Failed to create Picture with format 1e2 for window 340000c, error code 9
QRhiGles2: Failed to make context current. Expect bad things to happen.
Failed to create QRhi for QBackingStoreRhiSupport
QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment.
QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete, missing attachment.

I’m not very familiar with Qt objects, but maybe this gives more hints about what is going on ?

I found the culprit ! In my case, defining QT_SCALE_FACTOR broke the qt6 applications.

I had a complex set of qt environment variables defined through trial and error so as to get correct scaling inside all apps with a HiDPI.

Here is a set that currently works for me and scales both qt5 and qt6 apps well:

export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
export QT_ENABLE_HIGHDPI_SCALING=0
export QT_SCALE_FACTOR="" # do not define this one !
export QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1.5
export QT_FONT_DPI=144
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct:qt6ct

Thanks to everyone who helped me looking into the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.