Official installer stuck at "TLP system startup/shutdown"

I've been trying to install Manjaro and I can't get to the installer at all. My current set up is aa R7 2700X and a Radeon VII. I've tried multiple possible solutions I've seen around but nothing seems to work. It looks like the issue is Xorg server not starting but I don't know how to fix the issue.
http://imgur.com/a/88swc2R a screenshot of part of the Xor log.

Welcome to the Manjaro Forums. :slight_smile:

• What version of Manjaro are you installing? KDE, Gnome, Xfce, etc...? 18.0.4?
  • Did you check the .iso to make sure it was good? sha1sum or sha256sum?
  • Which motherboard?

Also, your image link is broken.

EDIT: Did you turn off Secure Boot, Fast Boot, CSM in BIOS?

2 Likes

Link is here, sorry.

@ThatNerdGuy i think the radeon vii needs a kernel higher than > 4.20 . the rc5 is the stable branch and comes with kernel 5.1

2 Likes

That's where I was heading. :wink:

1 Like

my bad, i've been neck deep in various amdgpu related info all day and i came across the mention of it a few times. it's documentation is lacking.

1 Like

I never have a problem when the pros show up.

That's the truth. I guess the 5700 and 5700XT are having real issues on linux as well from what I'm reading.
I think I'll hold off getting one until august/september.

Also, I'm lazy today so thanks for the link. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for link with rc image.
RC8 helped me to resolve TLP system startup/shutdown stuck with RTX 2070 and Ryzen 7 2700.

1 Like

yeah it's a newer GPU than the 18.0.4 ISO image supports, have fun :slight_smile:

I have the same problem trying to install manjaro with gnome and deepin. I'm try to install in hp all in one Pavilion 24-xa104la... the versión of manjaro that i try to install it's manjaro-gnome-18.0.4-stable-x86_64

Mi bios run UEFI mode and secure boot is diseable

Regards

version mesa 19.2 appears in testing

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark