Official installer stuck at "TLP system startup/shutdown"

I've been trying to install Manjaro and I can't get to the installer at all. My current set up is aa R7 2700X and a Radeon VII. I've tried multiple possible solutions I've seen around but nothing seems to work. It looks like the issue is Xorg server not starting but I don't know how to fix the issue.
http://imgur.com/a/88swc2R a screenshot of part of the Xor log.

Welcome to the Manjaro Forums. :slight_smile:

• What version of Manjaro are you installing? KDE, Gnome, Xfce, etc...? 18.0.4?
  • Did you check the .iso to make sure it was good? sha1sum or sha256sum?
  • Which motherboard?

Also, your image link is broken.

EDIT: Did you turn off Secure Boot, Fast Boot, CSM in BIOS?

2 Likes

Link is here, sorry.

@ThatNerdGuy i think the radeon vii needs a kernel higher than > 4.20 . the rc5 is the stable branch and comes with kernel 5.1

2 Likes

That's where I was heading. :wink:

1 Like

my bad, i've been neck deep in various amdgpu related info all day and i came across the mention of it a few times. it's documentation is lacking.

1 Like

I never have a problem when the pros show up.

That's the truth. I guess the 5700 and 5700XT are having real issues on linux as well from what I'm reading.
I think I'll hold off getting one until august/september.

Also, I'm lazy today so thanks for the link. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for link with rc image.
RC8 helped me to resolve TLP system startup/shutdown stuck with RTX 2070 and Ryzen 7 2700.

1 Like

yeah it's a newer GPU than the 18.0.4 ISO image supports, have fun :slight_smile:

I have the same problem trying to install manjaro with gnome and deepin. I'm try to install in hp all in one Pavilion 24-xa104la... the versión of manjaro that i try to install it's manjaro-gnome-18.0.4-stable-x86_64

Mi bios run UEFI mode and secure boot is diseable

Regards

version mesa 19.2 appears in testing

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by