Official edk2-armvirt package?

Just noticed Archlinux has official package for edk2-armvirt.

And I’m running my aarch64 VMs on my RK3399 boards with edk2-avmf from AUR.
Unfortunately edk2-avmf package seldom get enough update to catch up with upstream fedora packages.

So an official edk2-armvrit would help a lot, even it may be just some binary fetched from Archlinux x86_64 directly.

Nevermind, I can just install the package from Archlinux x86_64, as the package is for any arch.

edk2-armvirt seems to be for virtualizing aarch64 on an x86_64 host.

It has been in Arch x64 for over a year and Arch Linux ARM has not been taking it. There must be a reason for that. Maybe it does not work correctly on aarch64 hosts?

edk2-armvirt seems to be for virtualizing aarch64 on an x86_64 host.

Nope, I just removed edk2-avmf and installed the package and changing my VM to use the new files as firmware.
And the VM on my RK3399 board runs fine.

You have to understand that, edk2* provides the firmware for the target architecture, not for the host arch.

The only reason I guess is, there aren’t that many users for virtualization on Aarch64, and maybe extra toolchain requirement to compile the package.

But since the package has no arch dependency, for now I’m fine just manually update the package.

Does arm have hardware virtualization support like VT-x? Otherwise, QEMU should only provide a very bad virtualization experience.

Does arm have hardware virtualization support like VT-x? Otherwise, QEMU should only provide a very bad virtualization experience.

Just check kvm dmesg on your boards.

Aarch64 all should have hardware virtualization support.