Odroid N2 + Manjaro ARM 19.08 + Corekeyboard 2.7.1-1

Corekeyboard bug report.

• What device are you using?
    odroid n2

• What edition of Manjaro-ARM is installed? (eg minimal, server, etc.)
    19.08 kde-plasma 5.17

• When did you last run updates and reboot?
    today 2019.10.20

• What package contains the bug?
    corekeyboard

• Describe the bug the best you can. What where you doing when the bug happened?
    corekeyboard full screen mode, see below attached file...

• Any workarounds or known fixes?
    no, I tried to change some desktop parameters with no change

more details :

Can you explain me what is the issue in the screenshot?

If you're reporting about the app getting stuck and no way to close or minimize it then yes cubocore team is aware of it and working to add a minimize/hide button.
If you're reporting the size and look of the keyboard then yes cubocore team is aware of it and trying to improve it. Though you can resize the app using CoreGarage and use mobile size and change the size of the icons, I assume this way the button size might increase.

It is an upstream issue from cubocore and will be fixed in V2.8 release.

Thank's for your message.

You can't configure corekeyboard, it's a minimal and really practice tool, ask to Strit...

corekeyboard normal, see below :

corekeyboard_normal

corekeyboard with the actual graphic bug, see below :

1 Like

Is the first image from corekeyboard? I am not sure about this. Yes just saw that image of CoreApp Update Thread.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/coreapps-v2-6-with-new-friends-devs-and-tester/91240?u=spikerguy

CoreKeyboard have always been like the second image since I have started using CoreApp. This made me report the same to the CoreApp team and I am sure they're aware of it.
AFAIK, CoreKeyboard is being redesign to work without the need of GPU Processing.

Are you using a Touchscreen Device with N2? @nl.smart

I think strit can advice more on this.

Thank you for reporting it.

1 Like

Yes, it's a touchscreen display, but I don't use the touchscreen function...

maybe some parameter with kde 5.17 ?

1 Like

I think they are working on new keyboard for ARM Devices so the keyboard will be simple and will not use GPU processing. That's the aim for now.

But anyways I have asked the coreapp dev's waiting for their reply.

Hi,

I installed corekeyboard with xfce, manjaro arm 19.10, the issue is the same.

Yes the CoreApp team responded as the older version of keyboard was not able to change as per the DE theme so they started building a new Keyboard from scratch.
Maybe we need to wait for sometime till the new CoreKeyboard is ready will full Theme.

This is actually questions for the CoreApps developers, like @saber.

All I know is that the look you have, which you call a "graphical bug" is what we also see on our Tablet tests. I think it's the new look for the keyboard as of now.

Thanks for reply.

Wait and see.

@nl.smart
We know that issue. and fix will be in next release.

To fix the issue with this release is to set the compact mode and mobile version from the CoreGarage(settings app).

The keyboard mode is set auto when it dectects a touch screen.
And we please report more bugs in the project page. That will help us a lot.

Hi,

Thanks a lot, it's work now !

Welcome.
Happy to help.

are you using a touch based display?

You're right, I have a touch based display sometimes plugged with the odroid, but my laptop is not touch based and corekeyboard show the same keyboard... I preferred this one :slight_smile: see below

corekeyboard_normal

Look here my post of date 2 June, it was a suggestion, you did it, thanks for the development
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-preview1-for-odroid-n2/88921/3

1 Like

in future the key size will look like this, that was the look from the start. But after rewrite to respect the system theme and set the size with display size it got messed up.

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by