Octopi not refreshing mirrors (and/or finding package updates)

On KDE desktop utilizing kernel 4.14.8-1.

Mirrors are not syncing when going through Octopi(using root password). Have restarted several times. Still unable to get this update. Very niggly, and not really Terminal-centric at this stage, which doesn’t help matters…

Best way of re-syncing mirrors for newbies, Anybody?

Cheers! :slight_smile:

[Stable Update] 2017-12-26 - Kernels, Calamares, Thunderbird, XFCE4-GTK3, Xorg-Server, QT
[Stable Update] 2018-01-05 - Kernels, KPTI, Plasma, Calamares, TLP

In konsole…“terminal”, simply type the following:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Then hit “Enter”.

Enter your root password when asked to do so, then hit “Enter”. That’s all.:smiley:

Best regards.

Thanks for the info, @conky57. Tried this in Konsole but had this:

[root@pierre-pc pierrekennedy]# sudo pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronisation des bases de données de paquets…
core 140,6 KiB 1406K/s 00:00 [###################] 100%
extra 1758,1 KiB 2,08M/s 00:01 [###################] 100%
community 4,4 MiB 2,12M/s 00:02 [###################] 100%
multilib 175,3 KiB 1702K/s 00:00 [###################] 100%
:: Début de la mise à jour complète du système…
il n’y a rien à faire(“there’s nothing to be done” in French)

For the rest of the text I prefer not to publish of course, so as not to display my root password here - I was told it was basically “untrouvable” in French. A bit bizarre.

Best,

Frenchy.

If you’re sure you’re not up-to-date, then your mirror may be out-of-date, so:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 0
sudo pacman -Syu

@jonathon, you were spot on.

So, I entered both commands via The Konsole(a first for me I might add - one has to start somewhere), and it’s plain sailing again. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot to The Manjaro Team and Members for all their help and this latest KDE update!:+1:

Best regards,

Frenchy.

Hi, I have had this problem since the after 12-23 update with 2 computers running KDE. Using the console commands does allow the update, but it does not solve the problem with Octopi. That is to say, entering
sudo pacman-mirrors -f 0
sudo pacman -Syy

on 12-27 finally triggered the red notifier on Octopi. However, neither computer’s Octopi responded to the next update on 12-28. Choosing the sync function from Octopi’s pulldown menu does not solve the problem. Interestingly, both computers are syncing the AUR updates, which was a long-standing issue until the 12-23 update. (This also suggests to me that it is not a mirrors problem but rather a problem with the sync function on Octopi.)

After reading some older posts on Octopi notifier problems, I attempted miku’s fix in this post,

But that did not solve this problem either.

I usually update using the console these days, but I appreciate the octopi notifier letting me know that there is an update at all, and that function for appears to be broken, at least for me.

I have updated one computer via console, but not the other in case anyone has any solutions I can try to fix the Octopi notifier. Thanks!

I think octopi-notifier may has some new issue because when I right click refresh, then it does not do anything. So, that is why the auto sync is not working I think.

There’s an open issue on the Octopi issue tracker:

Please post there if you have anything further to add.

[Stable Update] 2018-01-07 - Browsers, Nvidia, PHP, Compiz, Adapta

Thanks, I posted there that these problem was also appearing on Manjaro.

Please try the qt5 version of the notifier instead. Seems the framework version is currently broken …

Oh wow, now Octopi has begun notifying me again [with the qt5 one i mean] - cool. Thank you.

EDIT: My initial response was overly enthusiastic, & proven subsequently wrong. Since i changed to the qt5 version, in fact Octopi has only notified me of one AUR update, but missed another, & entirely missed the 2018-01-07 Stable Update. Pamac conversely notified me of all of these.

I don’t know if v0.8.10-3 fixes this …

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.