I am running i3wm and sometimes on boot I don’t get the second language I have set on my i3 config, and I don’t get the language selector loaded in the system tray on the i3status bar either.
The only thing I have tried to counter this behavior is to switch to a different TTY and startx from there. This seems to work ad hoc, but it does not actually solve the problem at hand really.
Also, usually when I realize that this has happened again, it is after I have started working on something, and have reached the need to switch input language. Which means the approach of switching to a different TTY would result in having to save everything, to be able to launch it from the other TTY without risking losing my work.
I need help to troubleshoot this.