Nvidia-utils conflict 5.15 vs 5.10

Trying to update my system and getting the following conflict on nvidia-utils

sudo pacman  -Syyu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                               166.6 KiB  62.8 KiB/s 00:03 [#########################################] 100%
 extra                                             1859.8 KiB  6.14 MiB/s 00:00 [########################################] 100%
 community                                            7.0 MiB  6.73 MiB/s 00:01 [#######################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: python-pyqt5: local (5.15.6-7.1) is newer than extra (5.15.6-7)
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing nvidia-utils (515.48.07-2) breaks dependency 'nvidia-utils=510.73.05' required by linux414-nvidia

Any solutions that don’t require uninstalling and installing a ton of stuff?

Kernel 4.14 is currently not supported by Manjaro. So remove it first with sudo mhwd-kernel -r linux414, then update.

1 Like

What :hushed:, why?

Unless I’m missing something, it seems that 4.14 is still supported LTS kernel.

Which still makes me wonder why did you stop supporting it so soom before its EOL?

Because of changes to systemd as far as I know. Systemd 251 only supports kernels 4.15 and above.

That’s quite unfortunate and not really resembles the way things were done in the linux world.

Do you happen to have any links or reference to those systemd changes?

Sound really weird that systemd would not keep compatibility with still valid LTS kernels.

Sure.

Sorry, was off by one kernel version. Edited my original answer.

1 Like

Quick question, I’m not familiar with manjaro internals but would I get into any issues on update after swapping systemd with an alternative init?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Init

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.