Nvidia shenanigans again

After updating manajro with kde my os seem like or created not-so-corectly booting linux images or nvidia package lacks of module so while i boot my system
Currently to make it load i manualy load nvidia_drm with -i -f flags, and only then my tty1 get kde booted up auutoaticaly

p.s. it was stucking previou on “loading manjaro xxx xxx version message” then i tryed reinstalling drivers with mhwd on other tty, but now it just works by manualy loading nvidia as described above

Any clue how to fix it so i don’t had to manualy load nvidia every time ?

Please edit your post to make it more readable. Run-on sentences and careless spelling will not attract anyone. Help us help you.

Please see:

Enable early KMS and see if that helps.

After adding in mkinit conf " MODULES=“nvidia_drm” " string and making kernel rebuild by reinstalling linux54 by pacman - kde now starts by his own
Yay!
Howewer one of compiled kernels now lacks of network manager and there some errors with kernel module loader (non critical)

sudo systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
× systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2021-12-17 21:02:48 MSK; 6min ago
       Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
             man:modules-load.d(5)
    Process: 537 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 537 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 84ms

дек 17 21:02:38 AdmPC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
дек 17 21:02:38 AdmPC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
дек 17 21:02:38 AdmPC systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
дек 17 21:02:47 AdmPC systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...
дек 17 21:02:48 AdmPC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
дек 17 21:02:48 AdmPC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
дек 17 21:02:48 AdmPC systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

I think you have to add all nvidia modules there, not just the drm one …

Now it’s MODULES=“nvidia nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset drm_kms_helper drm”, again rerbuilded kernel via packman hooks, now it looks fully working
Thanks !

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.