Nvidia card not working after latest update

Hey, after the latest manjaro update, my second monitor is not detected anymore. Running nvidia-smi gives me the output: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

Also, when booting up my laptop, I get the following error on the screen:
[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules which I did not get before I updated.

These are the drivers that I have selected

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this?
Thank you in advance

Simply update your system again as affected kernel series 5.4 and 5.15 the matching extramodules for the last kernel update were missing.

1 Like

I ran sudo pacman -Syyu and rebooted, but this didn’t solve the problem. Was that what you meant?

1 Like

Were there any new driver updates when you did that? If not your mirror didn’t sync yet: Packages

1 Like

I got a message telling me that there are no new updates. How would I go about syncing my mirror?

Btw, my .net installation also seems to be messed up. Nothing is really working atm. Is all i can do to wait?

I have just got the new packages. After downloading them, my nvidia driver works well, but trying to use the azure-cli tool I get the following error:

/opt/azure-cli/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.10.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This worked before the update

See Pacman-mirrors - Manjaro

That’s unrelated to the topic of this post. Please see the current Stable Updates thread and read the instructions to rebuild AUR packages. If you stil need help, please create a new AUR topic.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.