Nvidia, 1 tv hdmi, 2 monitors DP - no sound on tv

hi.
i have already searched this forum and also others and also tried something, but i can’t get any further.

inxi -Ax
Audio:     Device-1: Intel 7 Series/C216 Family High Definition Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: snd_hda_intel
           v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0
           Device-2: NVIDIA driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.1
           Device-3: Logitech HD Webcam C525 type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo bus ID: 1-1.2.1:4
           Device-4: C-Media TONOR TC-777 Audio Device type: USB driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid
           bus ID: 1-1.2.2:5
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.10.7-3-MANJARO

my graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
I have the 2 monitors on the DP and the TV on hdmi. with the open source drivers I have sound on the tv, even after a reboot.
these drivers have problems with the 3 monitors. i have graphic errors all the time.
with the proprietary drivers, it does not work when all 3 displays are connected.
if i start only with tv - sound on tv
first monitor added - sound remains on tv
second monitor added - sound is still on tv. after reboot only sound on both monitors but no sound on tv. this is also no longer selectable. it says not connected there.

what can i do and why does the system lose the settings? it works on windows.

i hope you can help me. would be great.
thanks a lot and see you later.
zwiloe.

is there anyone here who knows an answer?

im having trouble getting help also :frowning:

i made an interesting discovery today.
after a restart the problem is still there. when i switch to standby mode and then return, i have the sound on the TV.
I also set the TV as the primary monitor. this may be recognized first by the graphics card when it wakes up and occupies the audio output.

Try checking the file /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mhwd-prime-powermanagement.rules and put a # after the line where it ways # Remove NVIDIA Audio devices, if present

#ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{vendor}=="0x10de", ATTR{class}=="0x040300", ATTR{remove}="1"

Reboot and see if the audio works on tv.

the folder rules.d is empty

Oh I thought you were using a laptop with NVIDIA prime drivers.

nope PC…