Not able to download Nvidia drivers

Live disk can be a live usb iso. Have you downloaded the latest mikad release ? There was a bug in mhwd that was stopping the upgrade to 450 drivers from the gui and it had to be done by cli. That was fixed in the latest release but updating before you install 450 drivers should have fixed it. Maybe a reboot before installing drivers

Have you downloaded the latest mikad release ?

nope. should i? i installed the system a few days ago so its unlikely its a problem related to old soft. ai mean there must be an easy manual way to install the 450 driver. i can install it via pacman no problem but i dont want to mess with the xserver switch setup but that has hardly worked before.

what exacttly did you do with the live disk? i still have the usb stick.

Get the newest ISO and install again. Updating from older ISO’s can cause problems. If you already have installed from the new 20.1 ISO make a new topic please, so we can look at the problem in more detail.

im running a studio and just set up the system. its quite a job to get everything up and running. i doubt that reinstalling something from 5 days ago will do anything that updates or fixes dont. that would be against all linux philosophies.

on the other hand the free graphics driver causes all fans in my studiorig to go helicopter every 40 seconds so i cant work right now because of the noise. i find it strange that not more are complaining about it.

just checked my stick, it says manjaro_xfce_2003. so i guess i installed 20.03? i installed the free drivers, updates and then tried to install the 450.i tried to install the nvidia drivers first with the install and that didnt work. so if you are right there goes my sunday :wink: