Not able to add another Linux distro to Manjaro grub

Hello, I have a single disk with a Fedora and Manjaro installations.

Fedora is encrypted (single btrfs partition) and was installed first. Grub2 was initially installed by Fedora. I think installed Manjaro (unencrypted) and was hoping that the installer would recognize Fedora and add it to the bootloader. It didn’t.

Now I want to add Fedora to the Manjaro boothloader that shows up at the beginning. Since Fedora is encrypted, when I run os-prober, it does not show up unless I mount it and make it available first.

Once I do that, I see this:

sudo os-prober                                                   ✔ 
/dev/mapper/luks-6aeadffd-de0f-43a3-8db2-5368e0a347b7:Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition):Fedora:linux:btrfs:UUID=b5fc9ab3-ac9b-4eb9-bd4c-cfa47c600a1e:subvol=root

After the above, I have run update-grub, but still do not see Fedora added.

What am I missing?

Thank you

I’d try adding it as a custom entry in /etc/grub.d/40_custom. You can probably copy/paste most of not all.

Enable OS Prober in /etc/default/grub before running update-grub.

Thanks, but this is already the case

# Uncomment this option to enable os-prober execution in the grub-mkconfig command
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false

I can try this, but I was really hoping that for something this simple, I could use an auto-gen “correct” way of doing this than writing manual commands which can become outdated over time.

Since “auto-gen correct way” isn’t working right now, you have to compromise a bit and test if manualy entry works at least.

If nothing else works you can just load fedora grub from manjaro one.
/etc/grub.d/40_custom:

menuentry 'Fedora GRUB' {
  search --fs-uuid --no-floppy --set=root abcd-1234 # efi partition uuid
  chainloader ($root)/efi/fedora/grubx64.efi
}

maybe you can try efibootmgr