No wifi traffic after update (but connectivity)

But .1 is my routers address. And are you sure that I do not need to enter the interface?

sudo ifconfig 192.168.178.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device

Oh, I was assuming you would set the appropriate IP address, as I mostly guessed from your outputs above…

But indeed, seems like your router is the issue, might want to check the dhcp section of your router, and maybe clear previous entries or assign new ones…

I will try running from a USB stick and see if there is the same issue.
I did not very much yet after installing manjaro so it would be no problem to reinstall it.

Great!

Will always be around! :innocent:

Got it working! After a fresh install everything was fine (or at least after booting from USB - can’t remember, it was too late) and then after updating, my WiFi stopped working again.

Before updating I inspected the system a little bit. Before the update the name of the WiFi interface was wlan0. After its name changed to wls4. It seems that before the update the b43 module was used for my networking chip and after the update it was the wl module.

lspci -vnn | grep 14e4
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4321 802.11a/b/g/n [14e4:4328] (rev 03)

The b43 driver is blacklisted in kernel 58 and 59. I even found a side that claims the wl driver is the right one. But in my case this simply isn’t true. It even was worse. The wl driver was loaded automatically and it prevented the b43 driver to work properly when I loaded it via modprobe.

But thank you for taking time trying to help me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.