No sound output through ALSA on Dell Latitude E6510

Hello all! I did a fresh install of Manjaro on a Dell Latitude E6510 today.
The issue I am having today, is that I have no sound output. This is a laptop, I am only trying to listen to sound through the laptop speakers. There is no external monitor connected.

To give you some information about my system, I am including the lspci outputs for both graphics and sound:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)
	Subsystem: Dell Latitude E6510
	Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
	Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
	Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
	Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218M [NVS 3100M] (rev a2)
	Kernel driver in use: nvidia
	Kernel modules: nouveau, nvidia

I am seeing an audio device that is some sort of Nvidia controller, and another that is intel. I am wondering if there’s some sort of way to force the use of 00:1b.0.

I also will show the basic output of a speaker test:

speaker-test 1.2.5.1

Playback device is default
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1035:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

I also want to note that when I open the ncurses interface using “alsamixer”, the only device I can pick is the Nvidia device, which shows a handful of SPDIF channels that all show open or “00”.

As another sanity check, I opened “pavucontrol” while playing a video on youtube. The sound level meter bounced around with the music as a working system might show, but I was hearing no sound. Under the “profile” options, I was only able to see “HDMI” options that all show “unplugged, unavailable”.

I’m not familiar enough with how the system handles sound to know how to troubleshoot it. I am not looking for any fancy high definition sound from Nvidia, I’m sure the basic one from intel will work for me, I just watch Youtube.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

I have done some searching through various forums, and my attempted changes to modprobe.d conf files and my .asoundrc files are shown in this “alsa-info.sh” script:

http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=b84b4da5d583baa1598c06a277f4a495f174c750

I am certain now that the answer is to find out how to get ALSA to install/recognize the “intel” sound card that exists but isn’t been by ALSA.

The modprobe option added to system appears to enable only card 1 in Linux and disable detection of audio card 0 and card 2 .

!!Modprobe options (Sound related)

`snd_hda_intel: enable=0,1,0` 

If the modprobe option in /etc/modprobe.d/ is deleted the system should detect onboard audio as card 0 and nVidia audio device as card 1 similar to this system
HW probe of Dell Latitude E6510 #a6a4d0821f: aplay | linux-hardware.org

alsa-info is not showing an ~/.asoundrc but that might be from running with root privileges

ALSA configuration at /etc/asound.conf has all 3 lines commented out with ‘#’ prefix
and defaults.ctl.card 0 and defaults.ctl.card 0 are already configured by /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
so /etc/asound.conf is not required and not doing anything so it can be deleted