No sound on Asus c436 (Comet lake)

you say that this is a asus c436, but your output from inxi shows its a google?

also the alsamixer shows that you are using pulseaudio, it should shown pipewire…
the kabylake is the chipset… also the speakers are not even detected with the alsamixer
remove the conf that we created:
sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/audio.conf
reboot and check with alsamixer if the speakers are detected

Thanx again for efforts, brahma! I have removed the conf file, rebooted - followed again all commands, but same storry :(. And yes, Asus C436 is Chromebook (with ChromeOS-Google), but I have flashed the FW with the script of Mr.Chromebook, so I can install Linux on it. But the proc is Cometlake (i5-10210u).
I think the problem is in the BIOS/FW itself and nothing can be done

What if I try to install another sof-cml-version? Maybe then the proc will be recognised correct? As Cometlake and not as Kabylake, or it doesnt metter in my case?

and the jack and bluetooth audio is still working?
post output from:
aplay -l

Yes, have tested both jack and bluetooth again and both are working. Output aplay -l

   ~  aplay -l                                                                                       ✔ 
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sofcmlrt1011rt5 [sof-cml_rt1011_rt5682], device 0: Port1 (*) []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: sofcmlrt1011rt5 [sof-cml_rt1011_rt5682], device 2: HDMI1 (*) []
card 0: sofcmlrt1011rt5 [sof-cml_rt1011_rt5682], device 3: HDMI2 (*) []
card 0: sofcmlrt1011rt5 [sof-cml_rt1011_rt5682], device 4: HDMI3 (*) []
card 0: sofcmlrt1011rt5 [sof-cml_rt1011_rt5682], device 5: Speakers (*) []

im out of ideas, and also didnt find anything googling… but if the audio works except the internal speakers, you can buy those cheap 5 bucks external speakers, and use them, they will have similar sound quality as the internal one…
i would as a last option try installing the latest 6.0 kernel and see if it works with it…

I will install kernel 6.0 and if something change, then I will post again. Another question…Because I have two laptops - this one and Asus C302 (Also ex-ChromeOS, with Skylake proc, also no sound), is it okay to try to fix his sound? If and when you have time ofcourse. I will try the same procedures like above, and if nothing changes I will post new topic. The C302 is very old and law on resources, but for me is fine. This one (C436) is powerfull and is for my wife and kiddos, but if I manage to get sound on the old C302 we can switch with the kiddos :). Thanx again for you efforts!

yes you can do ti with the c302, but create a new topic, and post the inxi -Faz there …

Super thanx! I will try couple of things and then will create new topic

Bro i have a fix for you i am also comet lake and there is a fix. Email me when you can. thanks
kenjohnhulse75@gmail.com