No sound in any apps

I am having issues left and right. One minute an app will work and then all of a sudden they just seem to break. It is random. Gnome mahjong worked very well, now it won’t start. Had sound in Mario, now no sound but game loads. No sound in spider solitaire. No system sounds but all music and videos from chrome browser work as they should. I just built my rig about 3 weeks ago. It is an ASRock B650E PG Riptide WIFI with a Ryzen 9 7950x paired with GSkill Flare X5 6000 MT/s (2 x 16Gb). I have all the M.2 slots full and all sata ports with SSD’s and an optical drive. I use the iGPU until I recover from the cost of the rest of the build. I use an AIO cooler and lots of fans. I really love manjaro, I have it on 9 of my computers and this is the only one giving me hell. Another issue I have is that sometimes Psensor does not start even though I set the parameters to start with the system at startup but it seems to work when I manually start it, again this program works as it should in all 9 of the other computers. This is very frustrating because I am smarter than this. Is it because my system is so new? It has been out since October so you would think bugs for such simple programs would not be an issue. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me? I also hope I posted this in the right spot. I am old lol. Thank you in advance for any help.

Edit: I have windows 11 on a separate hard drive and everything works without issue on windows. Secure boot is off.
Edit 2: I reinstalled the whole system yet again with the same results on this machine. Tried every kernel version that would boot. Even the experimental one. Nothing. Even disconnected the windows drive before re-installing so I could rule that out, and did. Even installed on an entirely different ssd. Just for fun I installed Ubuntu on the drive I had originally installed manjaro on and boom everything works as it should, except on manjaro.

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your frustrating audio issue. One question, are you using PulseAudio or what? That info might help someone help you more easily. All the best with it & I hope you find a fix soon. R :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.