No sound from speakers or headphones on laptop

yeah it stopped working again, it still works for like 1 minute at random then stops entirely so its still not fixed

the speaker is hissing and ringing again god damnit

Hi what I can think is that you would try to enable pipewire instead of pulseaudio

On pamac-gtk look for manjaro-pipewire or in the terminal:

pamac install manjaro-pipewire

Recommand inxi -Aa to check if pulseaudio is still active if it is deactivate it

systemctl --user mask --now pulseaudio.socket ; systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.service

Sorry for my bad English which is not my native language

T+ = See you later

1 Like

ok i did those but now no oudio devices are showing up at all, no speakers virtual input or headphones, do i maybe need pulse audio for that to work?

ive just found that i now cant connect to the bluetooth speaker either so im gonna try to go back to pulseaudio and disable pipewire again

im not smart enough to figure out how to undo the changes on my own

i uninstalled pipe and reinstalled pulse but i cant get pulse to run

i think i bricked my install somehow so im back to square one on a new install now

Before putting the ISO on a pendrive, check the md5sum or sha1 of that ISO

Good luck!

T+ = See you later

sorry i stopped responding ive been really busy
i still havnt gotten it working
ie reinstalled manjaro like 10 times now and im getting sick of it
debian and ubuntu seem to work i think il just have to go use those
annoyed tho cos i like manjaro, im pretty certain my laptop just isnt compatible cos probably like 5 other people in the world are using this model
i think i need a patch or something made for pulse alsa or pipe how would i go about getting someone to help me with that?