No sound from laptop speakers after I disconnected bluetooth speakers

Hi, sound from my internal laptop speakers worked very well for years (since I installed Manjaro XFCE stable) until I tested a friend’s bluetooth speakers. The sound worked on speakers too, but when I disconnected the bluetooth speakers the sound stopped working, i.e. internal laptop speakers do not produce any sound. Right-click on pa-applet does not open its menu anymore (with the list of audio devices). After I uninstall all pulseaudio packages and reboot the machine the sound from internal speakers works again but only partially. Namely sounds works from speakers but when I plug in wired airbuds into laptop the sound continues from the internal speakers. I believe that auto-switching between internal speakers and wired airbuds needs a proper pulseadio packages installation.
However with them kept installed I do not have any sound from wired and built-in speakers.

A complete removal of pulseaudio packages by:

pacman -Rsn pulseaudio-bluetooth pulseaudio pulseaudio-alsa manjaro-pulse pa-applet paprefs mkchromecast-git pulseaudio-ctl pulseaudio-equalizer pulseaudio-jack pulseaudio-lirc pulseaudio-rtp pulseaudio-zeroconf

and then reinstalling them does not fix the problem. It seems that some config files have been misconfigured after the bluetooth speakers were connected and disconnected, but I do not know which ones.

My laptop is Acer Aspire A717-72G.

Do you have an idea how to fix the issue?

try installing manjaro-pipewire package, it will automatically remove pulse audio, then reboot and check

Thanks a million for the fast reply! It fixes the problem :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.