No pulseaudio with libpulse-nosystemd

I followed all the instructions in Pulseaudio and OpenRC

But it still doesn’t start. I’m using elogind and mostly nosystemd packages, most relevantly, libpulse-nosystemd. I enabled syslog-ng and looked at user.log to find the following.

Apr 13 20:43:46 localhost pulseaudio[4826]: [pulseaudio] module-console-kit.c: GetSessionsForUnixUser() call failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
Apr 13 20:43:46 localhost pulseaudio[4826]: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-console-kit" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
Apr 13 20:43:46 localhost pulseaudio[4826]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
Apr 13 20:43:46 localhost pulseaudio[4826]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
Apr 13 20:43:46 localhost pulseaudio[4821]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.
Apr 13 20:43:51 localhost pulseaudio[5100]: [pulseaudio] module-console-kit.c: GetSessionsForUnixUser() call failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
Apr 13 20:43:51 localhost pulseaudio[5100]: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-console-kit" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
Apr 13 20:43:51 localhost pulseaudio[5100]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
Apr 13 20:43:51 localhost pulseaudio[5100]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
Apr 13 20:43:51 localhost pulseaudio[5091]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.
Apr 13 20:53:25 localhost pulseaudio[6059]: [pulseaudio] module-console-kit.c: GetSessionsForUnixUser() call failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
Apr 13 20:53:25 localhost pulseaudio[6059]: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-console-kit" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
Apr 13 20:53:25 localhost pulseaudio[6059]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
Apr 13 20:53:25 localhost pulseaudio[6059]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
Apr 13 20:53:25 localhost pulseaudio[6052]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.

Why is it looking for consolekit?

Perhaps add “autospawn = yes” rather than removing it

That is what I set it to. Doesn’t help.

From /etc/pulse/default.pa (line 118/119) it looks like pulseaudio checks for consolekit and tries to load module-console-kit. When you switched to elogind, did you delete the consolekit service?

Pulseaudio runs fine for me with elogind and libpulse-nosystemd.

I never added it in the first place; this was a fresh install (using Architect) and I only installed elogind and nosystemd packages.

Hmm. Maybe an issue with the openrc profile for KDE, @artoo? (The elogind/consolekit change is pretty new.)

I use more-or-less the exact same setup on my old machine, and there, it worked perfectly. The only difference (as far as I know,) is that now I start sddm manually using sudo rc-service xdm start instead of enabling the service.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark