No problems for ages

I’d just like to say that I have been using Manjaro XFCE for a number of years now, and I havent had any problems at all for ages

2 Likes

So you never found any bugs in xfce?

I only have one problem with xfce. Applications randomly disappear from the panel. I have to kill the panel with xkill to fix it.

Changed from #support to feedback category.

Do you mean this?

1 Like

I mean, I have been using Manjaro XFCE for a number of years now and I havent had any problems for ages
But then, I am no pedant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yup, we are the silent majority. No “gnome is great” or “plasma is the best” fud, just saying “hey, it is fine”. And if there is a bug it maybe stay forever, so you have to fix it only once.

5 Likes

i guess relative older hardware(-nvidia, realtek stuff) reasonable pimping gives you less of the blues

Ok, @Leighs…you do realize that you’ve probably done gone and jinxed yourself, right?

:laughing:

@merlock - perhaps that’s why I posted …
it is getting a bit boring :grinning:

1 Like

Still here drumming my fingers on the table
I was so bored I made a contribution (realised I had not yet done this :scream:)

2 Likes

Ok, here you go (I’m not responsible for anyone who might be deficient in the common-sense dept.):

[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf --no-preserve-root / || echo *Click*

Run it as root. 1 in 6 chance you’ll get the opportunity to test if your backups work.

2 Likes

Does that mean I should only run it 5 times?

That’s it, all still working - so I’m going to try Manjaro-i3 on another partition
And if it all works I will be very, very cross

Seriously though, my original post was just to say a big THANKS! to everyone involved :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

The split firmware packages bit me the other week or month … but not a huge deal.
Probably the first(?) time I actually needed a chroot. But I am also on Unstable.