No longer able to boot: stuck at fsck

Hello, I was trying to fix my monitor dpi and I believe I made an error in my config file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-monitor.conf Now when I boot I am stuck on the following error:

/dev/mapper/luks-0982f1cc-ab1a-4ae7-a84a-375f462edaab: clean,386376/3736432 files, 3615756/14942951 blocks

Im sure it would be fixed if I remove the config file but how? Im using encryption.

No, it’s not stuck at fsck. You need to remove the grub parameter quiet to see the real error message.

How do I set that? Im new to linux

To set it for one time, press e when the grub entry for Manjaro is selected. Then literally delete the word quiet from the line starting with linux.

To make it permanent, edit /etc/default/grub, and delete the word quiet from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT, save the changes, and then run
sudo update-grub

ACPI error: needed type [reference], found [integer] 00000000a618a808 (20210730/exresop-66)
ACPI error: AE_AML_OPERAND_TYPE, while resolving operands for [store] (20210730/dswexec-431)
ACPI error: aborting method \_PR.CPU0._PCD due to previous error AE_AML_OPERAND_TYPE (20210730/psparse=529)

I just thought of how you can edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-monitor.conf. Press e on the Manjaro entry in Grub. Type single at the end of the line starting with linux. Press Ctrl+x to continue. This should get you to a TTY prompt, from where you should run

nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-monitor.conf

Undo whatever changes you made to the file. Then press Ctrl+x. It will ask you to save. Press y. Then press enter without changing the filename. Once you are back to the TTY prompt, type systemctl reboot. See if it reboots normally.

Fixed! Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.