Making a manjaro based OS

Making a manjaro based OS I love using manjaro

1 Like

Are you going to make one?
Or are you asking about how to do so?

1 Like

i am telling so you dont strike any copyright i can make it with my team
:grinning:

Can you tell more about your upcoming os?

Manjaro name, logo etc are trademarked, but the code base and sources are free to use.

3 Likes

Tiger os xfce edition i love you manjaro

Without trying to sound pedantic or anything what exactly will be different about your os apart from the name and will you be hosting yout own repos? Many users create thier own spins and release them in the forums

You might want to work on the name. Tiger OS is already a linux distro: TigerOS | RITlug

I am going to change name no issue

You are not the first - see the section #contributions:spins.

Just bear in mind

• Manjaro name and logo are registred trademarks - so never imply any endorsement or affiliation with Manjaro and you may not include Manjaro in the name.
  • You may not direct your users to this forum for support of your spin-off.
  • You must ensure you make your iso-profile source and package source available in a public repo.
3 Likes

Are you going to make it for a specific use, such as content creation (like Ubuntu Studio) or pentesting (like BlackArch)?

Dude see i just want to create an OS based on manjaro and i dont want to any of your copyright
i am not using any manjaro logo and i just want to know where it is stored so i can change it for my os and i just want to know where is manjaro logo and sorry for any issue
see i love using manjaro and manjaro loves me. just want create an OS new manjaro subscriber
+for public release the repos there will be manjaro repo + my github reponsitory for release of my OS

My question was:

Is there any specific purpose for your distro, such as hacking or content creation?

That sounds a bit presumptuous…don’t you think :grin: ?

EDIT: From what I understand (after re-reading your previous post), you’re just going to take Manjaro and change the name and logo, right?
(The answer to my queston then would be: no)

2 Likes

For distributing for public release

But why? As Manjaro already exists…

5 Likes

Look, if you’re going to make a distro based on Manjaro, then make one that serves a purpose, and I reiterate: Pentesting & Content Creation.
Don’t waste your time on a project that won’t really help you or help others. It’s a lot more work than you think.

1 Like

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Well, it is GPL anyway BUT (I know some developers/users will oppose me):
Linux in general can be in a much better situation if most major distros join hands and create a single distro (may I say a monopoly as M$).
Then it can be preinstalled on OEM laptops, desktops, tablets… Apple did it (but with their own hardware).
Why can’t Linux (or major distros) join hands and create another M$ or another Apple?
This way Linux can take the place it deserves.

Every distro serves a different espouse, and comes from a different perspective.
I see this as a positive point, not a negative
And on top of them all is Manjaro of course…

Different “purposes” can be grouped.
Let’s say:
-Home users / casual users
-Multimedia creators
-Graphics
-General office use
-Gaming
-Servers

• ETC

Well, any Windows laptop can have whatever software installed on it for whatever purpose of the above. The same OS, different purposes. Why can’t Linux?
I don’t see why not have 2,3, or 5 “main” Linux distros that can take part of the market share.

I am just hoping/wishing Linux would be the default for the benefit of humans.
PLUS it would be much bigger “business” for Linux.

Let’s see if we can agree on the name of that single distro … So, how would be called?

Currently, there are more than 300 Linux distributions that are actively maintained, so what you actually ask for is those projects to be nuked from orbit on a post where the OP tells us that will make another one …

Of course, just by reading this

is clear that will not happen anytime soon … if ever.

3 Likes

I’m laughing more than I should be :joy: