No internet available after hibernation

if i understand it correctly, you unchecked the blue checks on the left side? if yes and it still didnt worked, so its probably not related to power saving…

Yes - all three checks show grey / left side / off, and still the issue persists.

so try completely uninstalling the tlp, like mentioned in the post above, reboot and check again

Sorry, I didn’t see that you mentioned uninstall. I actually had to install TLP the first time. Uninstalled, same problem.

please open a terminal and run these 2 commands:

sudo rfkill unblock all
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

any changes ?

Did you mean hibernate and then run it when you see the problem? I did that, and no changes. (The internet disconnected and attempted to reconnect, with the same issue.)

Looking at this again, it looks like I created a 4GB swap despite having 16GB of ram. According to the Manjaro Swap wiki page, it should be 20GB.

I couldn’t get the swap to resize, so instead, I reinstalled Manjaro and re-applied these steps (with 20GB instead of 4GB). Problem solved. :man_facepalming:

Thanks @brahma for taking so much time out to help me troubleshoot this.

youre welcome… you couldnt probably resize it, because it was used… resizing/ modifying partitions is done from the live usb iso… glad it finally works …

Haha, looks like I spoke too soon. Hibernating is the same as shutting down the system. I see some other posts here about that, I’ll keep that as a separate issue - at least the LAN issue is resolved.

I’m back where I started. Resuming from hibernate actually resumes, but the LAN internet doesn’t work. I retried most of the steps from this thread; didn’t work. :expressionless:

welcome back haha… for the time being use just sleep instead of hibernate

I found this thread which suggests that someone else fixed this problem by uninstalling/reinstalling their drivers every time, like this:

sudo modprobe -r r8169 ath10k_pci
sleep 5
sudo modprobe r8169 ath10k_pci

Works on my machine, too. (Except I have two drivers I have to reinstall, not one.)

While I would love a better solution and/or explanation, I can live with this. (Automating it would be great, but not a big deal.)

1 Like

great that you found it… also there is a script in the link you provided, that automates it, so you dont have to run it every time you wake up… also there is another possible solution by deleting some conf file… go to /etc/modprobe.d/ using your file manager and check if there is this file: r8169_blacklist.conf , if yes delete it and you should have no longer problems, and no need to run any commands…

I checked, the blacklist file doesn’t exist on my system. I tried the bash script to automate, it seems to apply on sleep not on hibernate. There’s a directory for system-hibernate-something, but it doesn’t seem like that worked.

just to be sure, did you put the script here:
/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/fix_internet.sh
then navigate to the folder and open terminal in the system-sleep folder and run:
chmod a+x fix_internet.sh
./fix_internet.sh
reboot and check

3 Likes

That worked, thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.